How is this looking?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Giovanni Garcea, October 17, 2015 · 8 Replies · 200 Views
How is this looking?
Looks pretty good to me!
Be careful to not reach with your elbow. Keep it at the same angle at all times.
You are actually keeping your hips too locked in place and allowing yourself to crunch down to the floor rather than rotate down.
Other than a slight twist in the midsection, the body should remain perfectly straight which will mean the hips will need to rotate with your body to maintain the body line.
Cole Dano said:You are actually keeping your hips too locked in place and allowing yourself to crunch down to the floor rather than rotate down.
Other than a slight twist in the midsection, the body should remain perfectly straight which will mean the hips will need to rotate with your body to maintain the body line.
Doh! I worked hard in the past few weeks to keep the hips locked, because for some reason I convinced myself it was the right thing to do... I re-watched the course's video and I think I understand your comment. Thank you Cole!
Hi Cole, did I fix my form enough? Thanks!
Good improvement, but still a bit of work to do.
A little more rotation from the hips and think of dropping the upper hip rather than raising the lower hip.
Cole, would you mind giving another look at my latest attempt? Thanks!
you still need to lower your hips a bit. Try to pause your video at 6sec. Then try to take a look at this post: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/23051-slpe2-strength-element-tips/
Especially look at the 2nd part regarding the torso + hip placement :-)