This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE1 form check

Started by Eduardo, October 12, 2015 · 7 Replies · 93 Views

Eduardo

Hey, guys!

 

I have just started Foundation and wanted to check the form on some of the elements, so this is the first one I'm posting.

 

 

I can see that I'm not keeping my shoulders protracted during the whole movement, as is done in the course video example, but I had not noticed it before. Also I didn't notice it during the exercise, but my body was not as tight as I think it could have been. What do you think?

Cole Dano

Try to keep from pushing  your shoulder up towards your ears as you start to press back up. In other words keep your shoulders depressed.

Eduardo
Cole Dano said:

Try to keep from pushing  your shoulder up towards your ears as you start to press back up. In other words keep your shoulders depressed.

Thanks for the input. I didn't think I was pushing my shoulders upwards. To me it looked more like the scapulae were being retracted. I have worked on the movement a little bit, so here is my second attempt at it. I think it's much better now.

 

 

Since I'm already here, how about the related integrated mobility? I don't think there is any problem with it.

 

 

Thanks!

Itamar sha'ashuaS

PE looks good to me but I think that the surface you are doing it on is too high.

iM looks good to me

Eduardo
Itamar sha said:

PE looks good to me but I think that the surface you are doing it on is too high.

iM looks good to me

Thanks for answering! Yeah, comparing to the course video, it's definitely higher. The guy on the video has the bar at around knee height I think. But on the other hand, the description says it should be set to about hip height, so I think I should be ok. Let's see if anyone has anything else to say.

Giovanni Garcea

Eduardo, I was also doing this exercise at a similar height, but then I read a post from Cole saying that we should be at 45 degrees at the top of the repetition. So I moved to a shorter bench to be at 45 degrees and oh boy, I was able to do 5x15 but my triceps were on fire for a week, so I would definitely go to a lower support, so when you move to the PE2 the shock won't be too much.

 

I actually have a question about the stall bars in your video, hopefully you won't mind this side subject in your thread: are they the 3B Scientific Eucalyptus Wood Stall Bar? If so, do you like them?

Eduardo
Giovanni Garcea said:

Eduardo, I was also doing this exercise at a similar height, but then I read a post from Cole saying that we should be at 45 degrees at the top of the repetition. So I moved to a shorter bench to be at 45 degrees and oh boy, I was able to do 5x15 but my triceps were on fire for a week, so I would definitely go to a lower support, so when you move to the PE2 the shock won't be too much.

 

I actually have a question about the stall bars in your video, hopefully you won't mind this side subject in your thread: are they the 3B Scientific Eucalyptus Wood Stall Bar? If so, do you like them?

 

I see... Can you point me to that post from Cole? I'll try to do them at a lower height the next workouts.

 

Don't worry about the side subject. We're here to exchange ideas. They're not the ones you cited, but I did a search on google, which pointed me to some stall bars on amazon, and I can tell you they look exactly the same as mine!

 

I think this must be a pretty standard model. Well, I don't have too much experience with stall bars to give you some detailed analysis, but I think they are great. I didn't regret it for a minute.