Hi ya'll!
I have to say that this is one helluva impressive bunch. I run with a pretty stout group of athletes; but this group takes the cake. I'm impressed and fascinated seeing the skills and stories involved with this training methodology. I'm far from being able to be a contributor; but I'll do my best to contribute positively where possible for moral support. :-)
As for background: I'm a fairly athletic 45 year old guy, with just about 35 years of martial arts experience. I'm an active Brazilian Jiu-jitsu and Muay Thai student and teacher. My flexibility and mobility are better than average, as well as over all fitness for a guy my age. I travel a lot for work, so I tend to take what I need to train BJJ on the road when I travel; and I've become very serious about finding a fitness methodology to not only take on the road with me; but to improve my over all mobility, fitness and supplement my game on the mats.
Fortunately, I tend to recover very well from workouts. I'm an old Army Infantry guy, so I'm used to taking a beating, and at times I may not know that I've pushed too far. So I will seek plenty of advise from ya'll on doing this right. If I'm lucky, I'll train some combination of BJJ and Muay Thai 3 times per week. I see this fitness platform that can be something that I don't have to miss. So, this is as important to me as my lifelong passion of the martial arts. Correct me if I am wrong, but this is potentially a great way to improve the body for longevity. I have a lot of people left to annoy. :-)
I'll look forward to interacting.