This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

H3 is coming real soon!

Started by Edoardo Cagnola, October 10, 2015 · 42 Replies · 2,238 Views

Edoardo Cagnola

I've just seen this on Instagram! I just wanted to make a post about it for people that might be interested (unlike me, I'm still doing H1, and enjoying every session)! :)

I can't avoid noticing something though: does this mean that M1 will be pushed even further? I really hope not, I literally can't wait for it to be out!

Romulo

For me it's frustrating that this course is favored instead of movement. Who is prepared for that? The requirements are much higher than M1. Unless GB is considering reaching out for a new market niche in a possible circus market and other balancers/performers, most of the members already here would certainly prefer ( and be actually able to follow) movement 1.

I can't get the logics and I'm not excited at all...

Cory Fair
Romulo said:

For me it's frustrating that this course is favored instead of movement. Who is prepared for that? The requirements are much higher than M1. Unless GB is considering reaching out for a new market niche in a possible circus market and other balancers/performers, most of the members already here would certainly prefer ( and be actually able to follow) movement 1.

I can't get the logics and I'm not excited at all...

 

You have it backwards, Movement One has been heavily favored. :D  We would rather delay a release and have the needed time for all the cool extras than release a product that is incomplete just for the sake of getting it out there. That has never been the GB way and never will be. There is some patience involved, but the end result is going to take movement training to an entirely new level.

 

H3 on the other hand was fairly straightforward and has taken zero time away from the work on the Movement Series.

Sensei JP
Romulo said:

For me it's frustrating that this course is favored instead of movement. Who is prepared for that? The requirements are much higher than M1. Unless GB is considering reaching out for a new market niche in a possible circus market and other balancers/performers, most of the members already here would certainly prefer ( and be actually able to follow) movement 1.

I can't get the logics and I'm not excited at all...

GB could release a program I am literally a decade away from starting and I'd still be excited.  It's intellectually stimulating to see how the progressions build on top of each other, and to see how often simply-looking exercises build to much more advanced things relatively quickly.

Romulo

Well, I'm usually not excited with things that are only theoretical for me at the moment and I can't put into practice right now. Thank you Cory for the explanation, I thought the course was filmed/concluded already.

red1392

Is Andrii Bondarenko the demo?

 

Edit: If so, how far do the progressions take you? One arm flags? One arm press?

Jon Douglas

Awesome. Just as finishing H1 gets onto the horizon the path ahead opens up :)

It'll be a little while before I'm working this one but I'm excites nonetheless.

Micawberian

Can't wait! Been waiting for H3 more than anything else :D, I wonder who the students will be in H3. Handbalancer, perhaps?

Alessandro Mainente

I think that people should spend the most of the time on H1, after a good period here the transition over one arm hs will be easier.

Jesse Kim

Ladies and gentlemen, it is time.

korija

Sweet. I will be purchasing in 10 years. :)

palazzolo85
Romulo said:

For me it's frustrating that this course is favored instead of movement. Who is prepared for that? The requirements are much higher than M1. Unless GB is considering reaching out for a new market niche in a possible circus market and other balancers/performers, most of the members already here would certainly prefer ( and be actually able to follow) movement 1.

I can't get the logics and I'm not excited at all...

It's all good, we just have to start kicking some ass in our handstand practice.  For me personally, I think the Movement series will be awesome but I would love to see Rings 2-4 come out.  The most powerful tool for upper body strength!!  :P  :P Seriously, I'd buy them all even if I'm not ready, just to see the progressions, just saying.. :blink:

Alessandro Di Sanzo
korija said:

Sweet. I will be purchasing in 10 years. :)

Me too! Definitely! :D

Murray Truelove

I can't figure out where you guys have room in your schedule for Movement. I'm training 6 mornings and 4 evenings a week, and that's without Rings and H2.

Keilani Gutierrez
Murray Truelove said:

I can't figure out where you guys have room in your schedule for Movement. I'm training 6 mornings and 4 evenings a week, and that's without Rings and H2.

is that ALL GST or what?

 

Murray Truelove
Keilani Gutierrez said:

is that ALL GST or what?

F x 4

H x 2

S x 3

And I boulder once a week.

aiken54

I'm doing the same in five mornings and an evening

DieKatze
Romulo said:

For me it's frustrating that this course is favored instead of movement. Who is prepared for that? The requirements are much higher than M1. Unless GB is considering reaching out for a new market niche in a possible circus market and other balancers/performers, most of the members already here would certainly prefer ( and be actually able to follow) movement 1.

I can't get the logics and I'm not excited at all...

 

if you go by the official GB-curriculum (which of course everybody does :)) you are right. BUT  i have seen a lot of different recommendations regarding when to start OAHS-work and most of them do not require press handstands.

Edoardo Cagnola

That's true. In the curriculum there's no handstand course prerequisite for H3, but you'll obviously need a solid freestanding handstand.

I've also noticed that M1 have foundation all the way to F3 as co-requisite, and M2 already has F4 has a prerequisite. M1 is gonna be huuuge :) (which makes it even harder to stay in the dark for God -aka Coach- knows how long)! So excited!

@Murray: I also train 6 days a week now, but on Saturday I only do a stretch course so I'll add M1 there. Well, it will also depend on how long the workouts are going to be... We know nothing, just like Jon Snow

palazzolo85
Murray Truelove said:

F x 4

H x 2

S x 3

And I boulder once a week.

Murray, I see that you are a fellow climber.  I mostly hard boulder indoors lately but I noticed I had to take a back seat on climbing cause I used to hit it 3 times a week hard but with gymnastics training the wrists need some rest :D

Murray Truelove
palazzolo85 said:

Murray, I see that you are a fellow climber.  I mostly hard boulder indoors lately but I noticed I had to take a back seat on climbing cause I used to hit it 3 times a week hard but with gymnastics training the wrists need some rest :D

I'd love to go more, but once a week is about all my recovery can afford. I try to incorporate GST on my climbing day, doing H1 in the morning and then at the end of my bouldering session some HBP work.

My strongest element is RC (PE6 took the longest to get through at 30+ weeks), I'm actually just chilling out on the L-chin ups, while everything else catches up. 

Jon Douglas

Well, I imagine that H3 will include a H2-style disclaimer on when you can start drills for it.

Ravn
Murray Truelove said:

I'd love to go more, but once a week is about all my recovery can afford. I try to incorporate GST on my climbing day, doing H1 in the morning and then at the end of my bouldering session some HBP work.

My strongest element is RC (PE6 took the longest to get through at 30+ weeks), I'm actually just chilling out on the L-chin ups, while everything else catches up. 

On the subject of balancing climbing with GST...

This is my standard training layout, I sometimes switch up to 4x Foundation, 2x H1 / week, but this is the minimum, unless life REALLY gets in the way. 

 

Monday: Foundation + H1

Tuesday: Bouldering

Thursday: Foundation

Saturday: Foundation + H1 + Bouldering

---------------------------------

Monday: Foundation

Tuesday: Bouldering

Thursday: Foundation + H1

Saturday: Foundation + Bouldering

 

I always couple H1 with SLS, SL and MN.

 

I've found that more than three Foundation sessions per week is doable, but my freestanding HeSPU (HBP17) sessions turn into crap if I'm not well rested.

Mercurium
Murray Truelove said:

I'd love to go more, but once a week is about all my recovery can afford. I try to incorporate GST on my climbing day, doing H1 in the morning and then at the end of my bouldering session some HBP work.

My strongest element is RC (PE6 took the longest to get through at 30+ weeks), I'm actually just chilling out on the L-chin ups, while everything else catches up. 

I feel that. RC/PE6 is a struggle for me, yet I'm close to the OAC  :huh:

Murray Truelove
Mercurial Flow said:

I feel that. RC/PE6 is a struggle for me, yet I'm close to the OAC :huh:

Two micro cycles using the 30s template (adding 6s instead of 12s) worked for me, around 48s I had to start increasing the rest time.

I was surprised to find that I can already do rope climbs, I'm only staying at PE9 while everything else catches up.