Which rings to buy?

Started by Alexander Egebak, October 5, 2015 · 6 Replies · 2,320 Views

Alexander Egebak

Hi.

 

My new gym does not offer any kind of rings so I have to buy a pair myself.

 

They have to be as cheap as possible while having long straps and being sturdy.

 

I have already made some seaching around but if you can recommend anything I would be happy to look into it.

Alexander Egebak
Ravn said:

Hey Alexander.

If you're in Denmark, these are quite nice: http://www.presencosport.dk/gymnastikringe-i-krydsfiner.html

Not exactly cheap, but great finish.

I bought a few slings, carabiners, static. 11 mm climbing rope to make the suspension system.

It is a little too much, sorry, but thank you for your suggestion.

 

I need something to match those that I can get from amazon.com for 32$.

Blairbob

Get some wood ones. You can find long cargo straps for pretty cheap online. Just do a google search. Rogue Europe sells wood rings with straps. Make sure to get FIG sized rings unless you have ape sized hands are the size of Viking StrongMan. 

You can probably find synthetic rings on Ebay and these can work fine or you can tape them for a better grip. It'll look ghetto but it works. You can use chalk but tape typically works and is less of a mess and cheaper in the long run.

If you really are bucks down, you can make your own rings out of PVC tubing, sand, duct tape, a paint can and baking them in an oven. You can find DIY guides on how to do this. I recommend taping these rings but you could just sand the PVC. Find a pair of cargo straps and you are set. My DIY rings are connected with chain with adds cost and weight to them but you can use rope instead.

Ryan Bailey

Hello,

I am going to buy the XTREME RINGS + 16' FASTCAM STRAP.

I have a quick question regarding the straps. I have a very high anchor point and was wondering if it is ok to attach both a 16` and an 8` strap together to increase the length? I read previous threads about various knots and ropes, but wondering about the quick and portable option of just using 2 connected straps.

Thanks,

Ryan

Cole Dano

I can't see why it wouldn't work.

 

Also keep in mind when determining length that the length listed is the full length of the strap, so in use it will be just under half as long.