Best rings to buy in Europe? and where?

Started by Mikeysun, September 24, 2015 · 13 Replies · 10,015 Views

Mikeysun

Hi,

 

I want to buy my own pair of rings. I already checked Xtreme Rings... but they are only shipped to USA.

 

What is the best other option?

I was already used to use gymnastic rings in my last training facilities. But they couldnt tell me who/where they get them.

 

They were wood, or at least plywood.

I was checking the rings of GYMNOVA because I know it is a widely used brand for professional gymnastics. Their rings are plywood, but I dont know if it is possible just to one pair of rings without the cables, in order to be able to attach them anywhere easily with straps.

I also checked Elite Wooden Gymnastics Rings, EXF Rings and Rogue Rings.

- about elite rings, I like the are made out of wood and the straps have measurement marks. but I heard they are not good in case you want to make swings and other movements.
- about exf rings, they are not wood. so I dont really like them.
- and about rogue rings... they are famous for crossfit, not really for gymnastics.

Do you have any of them?

Or can you tell me a good pair of rings that I can buy in Europe?

Thanks.

TobiasM

I got good experience with Rogue rings - Go after the "Wood fig" model. 

 

Adjustable straps, made out of wood and the diameter is proper. Don't really like the normal wood-rings from Rogue, since they seems to have a too big diameter.

Erik Rissanen

I have the rogue wooden fig rings (among other, bad purchases) and they work well and are very comfortable.

 

Don't bother with marks on the straps. The marks wear out very quickly and the straps also get a bit stretched and twisted over time, so the marks are not useful. I use a spirit level to get the rings level. That might sound like unneeded perfectionism, but I find it to be quicker than to step back to check and adjust several times.

 

I don't think that any of the "hobbyist" types of rings can be used for swinging. You need a real gymnastics rig for that. But you won't need swinging for the GB programs. (At least not in the ones released so far.)

Murray Truelove

I got a very cheap, second hand pair from eBay but I've seen them just as cheap on Amazon. No idea if the more expensive ones are worth. I paid less than £20 and haven't had any problems.

HB_Ron

I purchased mine(FIG) for about 50$ a year and a half ago from China. They cost even less now. The quality of the wood is awesome and free shipping from ebay..

 

post-8384-0-10884800-1443268634_thumb.jp

Mikeysun

After researching all of them...

 

It makes no sense to buy a professional rings to swing if you dont have a proper professional structure or rig point... and normally it is for having them there permanently.

So, if you wanna do strengh work, be able to hang your rings anywhere and remove them many times, and even travel with them... you need rings with straps.

 

I made a list of prices of some of the wooden rings you can get in europe. These prices include the shipping costs (by the way, shipping costs are so freaking expensive unless you buy a non-brand rings from china...):

 

- Pellor rings with straps with numbers 74,43€ (it looks they have free shipping)

- Pellor rings with no numbered straps on ebay from china 34,79€

- Elite wood rings and straps with numbes 89,01€

- Rogue wood rings 1,25 version 105,19€ (fig version is more expensive)
- No brand ebay wood rings 1 39,49€

- No brand ebay wood rings 2 34,94€

- Capital Sports wood rings and straps with number 66,90€


 

Mikeysun

All of them look very similar (almost exactly the same in pictures).

I was even thinking to get one of the "no brand ebay wood rings" because at least they are send from europe so the shipping will be faster. And they are even cheaper!

Mikeysun
Murray Truelove said:

I got a very cheap, second hand pair from eBay but I've seen them just as cheap on Amazon. No idea if the more expensive ones are worth. I paid less than £20 and haven't had any problems.

 

which one?

HB_Ron said:

I purchased mine(FIG) for about 50$ a year and a half ago from China. They cost even less now. The quality of the wood is awesome and free shipping from ebay..

 

attachicon.gif1897739_216373765236387_1563364097_n.jpg

 

wich one?

Christoph

I got my length-adjustable straps for a few euro in the construction market. They have several different strengths, a few hundred kilo are fine for me.

Mikeysun
Christoph said:

I got my length-adjustable straps for a few euro in the construction market. They have several different strengths, a few hundred kilo are fine for me.

where?

strme

elite wooden rings from link you have posted can be really good.