This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL PE4-PE6 tips

Started by Jcweldingh, October 2, 2015 · 13 Replies · 426 Views

Jcweldingh

Hi,

 

I usually train by myself and I'm not able to do these progressions as depicted.

 

Is it acceptable to use one of these?

 

post-15698-0-36829000-1443811721_thumb.j

 

If the angle is too vertical, maybe it's possible to raise the back part of it? Anyone with the same problem?

Mark Collins

Too easy. You need the hip to be in extension(body in line) when the trunk is parallel to the floor.

Trevor Lewis

I have a similar bench, if yours is heavy enough you can do what I did and just raise the backend on a box and keep it weighted to counter balance you.

 

*Edit: as Mark mentions, it is much more difficult once you get parallel.

Jcweldingh
Mark Collins said:

Too easy. You need the hip to be in extension(body in line) when the trunk is parallel to the floor.

Does it have to be completely horizontal?

Mark Collins

For mastery you need to get past horizontal so the hips extend. The thighs will be horizontal with the upper body higher.

Alexander Egebak
Mark Collins said:

Too easy. You need the hip to be in extension(body in line) when the trunk is parallel to the floor.

How much easier are they? That is also the only alternative that I have right now.

Jcweldingh
Alexander Egebak said:

How much easier are they? That is also the only alternative that I have right now.

I'll try to adjust the angle with some sort of box later today. I'll let you know how that works out :)

Trevor Lewis
Alexander Egebak said:

How much easier are they? That is also the only alternative that I have right now.

Having had the same setup and compensate, Much easier. I was able to easily achieve mastery with these at the 45 degree angle but once changed to parrallel I could only get about 4 sets of ten in and struggled on the last set around 7-8. Enough to make me do another cycle of these to ensure I have them down solid.

 

Use what you have for now until you adapt but don't consider it mastery until you can get the correct setup.

Cole Dano

It's easier but acceptable to use. If you can prop the back up with a couple of stretch blocks that would already help a lot.

Alexander Egebak

Hmm, what about throwing some more kilos in on them for increased resistance?

Mark Collins
Alexander Egebak said:

How much easier are they? That is also the only alternative that I have right now.

I find them to be 50% as hard.

Edoardo Cagnola

I find them to be pretty much the same difficulty until your upper body reaches parallel. IMO after that point the course version becomes so much harder. Also they seem to resemble ABH more if you keep your legs parallel to the ground, which I guess it's a good thing, isn't it?