This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Xiaopeng Forward Form Check

Started by Vytautas Pilkauskas, October 1, 2015 · 5 Replies · 161 Views

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Hi,

 

I'm a bit confused about this movement. Would appreciate any feedback on this one. Thank you :)

 

Itamar sha'ashuaS

You should bring the arm over the head and then backward with as small twist as you can manage.

Vytautas Pilkauskas
Itamar sha said:

You should bring the arm over the head and then backward with as small twist as you can manage.

Interesting.

 

I was always thinking that I want to make an invisible circle without drifting the weight out to the sides and didn't ever bother myself not twisting the torso. There's definitely work I have to do with it, will give it a go. :)

Rayne-William

Coach Sommer on Xiaopeng Forward and Backward

 

A decent explination on how Xiaopeng Forward should be done. Be sure to notice the torso rotation, in the linked explination, does not happen until your arm is already over your head.

Personally speaking, I do my best to rotate my torso as little as possible and keep my upper arm externally rotated as much as possible throught out the entire movement.

Vytautas Pilkauskas
Rayne-William said:

Coach Sommer on Xiaopeng Forward and Backward

 

A decent explination on how Xiaopeng Forward should be done. Be sure to notice the torso rotation, in the linked explination, does not happen until your arm is already over your head.

Personally speaking, I do my best to rotate my torso as little as possible and keep my upper arm externally rotated as much as possible throught out the entire movement.

Magic, thank you a lot Rayne-Wiliam :) Will update after a while. In the meantime, would anyone recommend staying in the same push ups sets and reps range until my Xiaopeng Forward form reaches a solid form?

Rayne-William

Keep doing the Xiaopeng Forward and Backward well after you mastered the paired strength elements. You will need additional shoulder strength in other parts of the Foundation course and in the Handstand course.  Everytime you start using more weight you will have to work on your form again, anyway.