Missing a day :(

Started by Jesse Kim, September 26, 2015 · 10 Replies · 28,417 Views

Jesse Kim

So I'm helping a friend move out tomorrow all day, and I won't have time to workout :( Is it okay to miss a workout day and continue it the next day? 

Jon Douglas

NO JUST GIVE UP NOW.

Yes, of course. Life happens and most of us are not professional athletes, so some juggling schedules is completely normal Jump back on asap but don't beat yourself up about it. Besides, moving furniture is a decent workout on its own.

vinca_minor

5x15 book-box deadlifts

Jesse Kim
Jon Douglas said:

NO JUST GIVE UP NOW.

Yes, of course. Life happens and most of us are not professional athletes, so some juggling schedules is completely normal Jump back on asap but don't beat yourself up about it. Besides, moving furniture is a decent workout on its own.

You scared me for a bit when I read the words in caps. If done properly, moving furniture can be an awesome (strongman-like) workout, or at least that's what I think every time I lift furniture. Works my legs more than upper body, although I fee both  :mellow:  :tent:

Thank you for your advice!

Jesse Kim
vinca_minor said:

5x15 book-box deadlifts

Aw yeah  :tent:

Jon Douglas
Jesse Kim said:

You scared me for a bit when I read the words in caps. If done properly, moving furniture can be an awesome (strongman-like) workout, or at least that's what I think every time I lift furniture. Works my legs more than upper body, although I fee both  :mellow:  :tent:

Thank you for your advice!

Sorry, my sense of humour prompts me inappropriately sometimes ^_^ Seriously don't stress, just don't let it become a habit :)

Jesse Kim
Jon Douglas said:

Sorry, my sense of humour prompts me inappropriately sometimes ^_^ Seriously don't stress, just don't let it become a habit :)

 

Jon Douglas said:

Sorry, my sense of humour prompts me inappropriately sometimes ^_^ Seriously don't stress, just don't let it become a habit :)

 

Jon Douglas said:

Sorry, my sense of humour prompts me inappropriately sometimes ^_^ Seriously don't stress, just don't let it become a habit :)

Thank you. I won't! :D

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Coach won't have it! Speaking for myself I'm also a failure. I had to accompany my girlfriend to temple for Yom Kippur on Wednesday -- missed my workout timeframe. Had to shift Wednesday's and Friday's to Thursday and Saturday!!!! OH THE HUMANITY! So I now rescind my commitments FOREVER! 

Do Gymnastic work on the furniture after you've moved it for a level upgrade. Sofa press handstands and cabinet planches for the win, lol. 

 

Just do what you can. I'm convinced anyone who has never missed a workout ever in the last year and ISN'T a professional athlete (or a trainer/working at a gymnastic gym) is missing out on other obligations and aspects to a healthy life.

Jesse Kim
Daniel Taylor-Shaut said:

Coach won't have it! Speaking for myself I'm also a failure. I had to accompany my girlfriend to temple for Yom Kippur on Wednesday -- missed my workout timeframe. Had to shift Wednesday's and Friday's to Thursday and Saturday!!!! OH THE HUMANITY! So I now rescind my commitments FOREVER! 

Do Gymnastic work on the furniture after you've moved it for a level upgrade. Sofa press handstands and cabinet planches for the win, lol. 

 

Just do what you can. I'm convinced anyone who has never missed a workout ever in the last year and ISN'T a professional athlete (or a trainer/working at a gymnastic gym) is missing out on other obligations and aspects to a healthy life.

The day I'd be able to do a sofa handstand press will mark as one my greatest accomplishments.

Alexander Egebak
Daniel Taylor-Shaut said:

Coach won't have it! Speaking for myself I'm also a failure. I had to accompany my girlfriend to temple for Yom Kippur on Wednesday -- missed my workout timeframe. Had to shift Wednesday's and Friday's to Thursday and Saturday!!!! OH THE HUMANITY! So I now rescind my commitments FOREVER! 

Do Gymnastic work on the furniture after you've moved it for a level upgrade. Sofa press handstands and cabinet planches for the win, lol. 

 

Just do what you can. I'm convinced anyone who has never missed a workout ever in the last year and ISN'T a professional athlete (or a trainer/working at a gymnastic gym) is missing out on other obligations and aspects to a healthy life.

You do Monday, Wednesday and Friday? The Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday shift is a common option to use to plan around missing out one day. 

Jesse Kim

I chose the four day split since it was the "middle route". And so far, I feel it's not easy but do-able.