So I was thinking of finally attending some adult gymnastics classes and doing some 'proper' gymnastics as opposed to just the strength aspect of it. Looking to mainly learn how to tumble to begin with.
The classes are only once a week, and I figured I'd schedule my low volume leg day on the same day, where I work up to a single set of a 5 rep max on the back squat then spend the rest of the session on oblique and lower body flexibility.
The idea is to be warmed up both strength and flexibility wise by the time class rolls around but at the same time not fatigued. This sounds alright in my head but I just wanted to ask and make sure I wasn't setting myself up for injury by training both maximal strength and flexibility earlier in the day...
I'm no gymnast but my flexibility is decent and improving. Better than the average gym goer anyway ![]()
Cheers guys