This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Calf raises progression

Started by Edoardo Cagnola, September 11, 2015 · 29 Replies · 1,208 Views

-MR
Edoardo Cagnola said:

Oh, and by the way, my calves have grown about 2 inches (5cm) bigger :)

Yeah, I think I noticed some growth too which would fit with the main point of this article that was posted here a few years ago: https://www.t-nation.com/training/answer-for-massive-calves

Mark Collins

I did 240 reps in a row yesterday. When I started these I could only do 60 total.

These have really helped my double under skipping. The strength endurance from these calf raises is amazing. Bring on the 500!

Jon Douglas

Alessandro has some interesting figures on strength training focusing on glutes, quads and calves improving running economy of motion that matches my experience.

Murray Truelove

When doing the follow along should I double the tempo or add weight? I'm comfortable with the prescribed reps in the video.

KSTL

.