This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/SE1 form check 2.0

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, September 10, 2015 · 7 Replies · 189 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi All!

I've been really struggling with this element: as I supposed, mastery 5*60 is really hard, considering that rest is very short! :wacko:

Anyway, this week I've tried a 5*35 sec. Here I post my fourth set:

 

 

 

How do you find my form? Personally I noticed  that from this set my body starts to shake due to fatigue: could it still be considered an accetable form?

Any other criticism will be appreciated, of course!

Thank you!!

 

 

Shaolintobbe

Maybe you are doing this, its difficult to see, but you should rotate your armpits forward, externally rotate your arms.

Alessandro Di Sanzo
Shaolintobbe said:

Maybe you are doing this, its difficult to see, but you should rotate your armpits forward, externally rotate your arms.

Shaolintobbe, do you mean to rotate my elbowpits, so that they look forward? I know about this point! It is also shown in the video demonstration. Yet I noticed that it is very umconfortable and quite impossible for me. Even though I set up properly, as I get into the positon, elbowpits tend to rotate inwards by themselves. The more I open my chest, the worst it is. I am able to keep arms externally rotated with no problem only if I round my back and keep my hips behind my arms, but that it is not a correct form for sure. As I close my scapula my elbowpits tend to turn inwards.

Even while I perform planche lean or push up I can rotate my armpits with no problem... In this specific exercise I have discovered this issue. I wonder if it is lack of tecnique, or a lack of mobility...

Shaolintobbe

Yes. It was impossible for me to in the beginning, I think it was because lack of strength. I started by just doing support holds on P-bars, when I could hold 3x60s i moved on to lift my knees up and down keeping arms externally rotated. Extremely hard in the beginning, but eventually it feels very natural, and I think it is a better preparation for coming PE:s. Now I can hold tucked L-sit for like 20s. 

Alessandro Di Sanzo
Shaolintobbe said:

Yes. It was impossible for me to in the beginning, I think it was because lack of strength. I started by just doing support holds on P-bars, when I could hold 3x60s i moved on to lift my knees up and down keeping arms externally rotated. Extremely hard in the beginning, but eventually it feels very natural, and I think it is a better preparation for coming PE:s. Now I can hold tucked L-sit for like 20s. 

I see. I can try to work on P-bars and see if at least I am able to keep elbows pointed forward this way. I'm going to post a video in the next days. Thanks for your suggestion, Shaolintobbe :) .

Moreover, I've been trying to understand better what Coach Sommer wrote in a thread I posted recently about MN/SE1:

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/20593-mnse1-form-check/?p=188832

I think I didn't yet understood in practice the meaning of  "widening" scaps. I still think of retract them, in order to keep back straight... since that the more I retract the difficult is to keep elbowpit forward, maybe I should clarify this point.

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi all! This MN/SE1 is making me crazy, but I want to fix the form now once for all.

I tried to keep elbowpits facing forward, just like video demonstration, but I mentioned that it was too hard for me.

Recently I noticed that the more I push forward my hips, the more elbows turn inwards.

Look at this video:

In the beginning I jump up into the position with elbows rotate externally, and trying to open the chest. at 0:13 I push forward my hips and my elbows rotate inwards.

It was just told me that hips must be kept between the arms. So I wonder which of the two forms is better:

 

this one? (elbows rotated externally, hips a bit backward)

post-10847-0-96609300-1442839305_thumb.j

 

or this? (elbows rotated more internally, hips pushed forward)

post-10847-0-82346300-1442839390_thumb.j

 

Thank you Guys!!

Shaolintobbe

Hi, I would say the first picture is better.

 

Only go forward with the hip so much that you are still able to keep the arms externaly rotated. In time you will be able to move your 

hip more forward.

Alessandro Di Sanzo
Shaolintobbe said:

Hi, I would say the first picture is better.

 

Only go forward with the hip so much that you are still able to keep the arms externaly rotated. In time you will be able to move your 

hip more forward.

Makes sense! I will work in this way!

Thnak you Shaolintobbe!