This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/SE1 form check

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, May 17, 2015 · 9 Replies · 506 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi All!

Here's I how I perform 1/2 L-sit , MN/SE1.

Something to fix? 

I wonder if my butt must be exactly at hands level, or a little bit backwards is still accetable.

Thank you! :)

 

Alessandro Mainente

upper leg must be parallel to the ground, hips between the arms.

Awesssss

Can one do this one on a table/bench/etc? To mimic the floor?

 

To OP: Pretty much what Alex said.

Gavin S

Point the toes down actively as well.

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi all !

Un update of my 1/2 L-sit form, from a side view.

I've been trying to follow Alessandro and Gavin tips. i.e. upper leg parallel to the ground, hips between the arms, and pointed toes.

Here's a video:

 

 

How do you find it?

Thank you! :)

Gavin S

Much better. Nice work. Try to retract and depress the scaps as much as possible as well.

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Good to know that! I knew about depression. But I didn't focus on retracting as much as possibile too! Previously I noticed that with no retraction my back was too rounded and my chest was too closed, so I thought it was a mistake to fix. With correct retraction, From a side view my back should look straight, is it right?

Besides, I read something about elbow pits, that should look forward, maybe should I fix this point too?

Thank you!

Coach Sommer

Do not focus on full retraction; rather think about sitting up tall and 'widening' the scaps.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi All!

During practice I noticed that currently my form is pretty much the following:

 

 

I'm focusing on set my body in order to keep chest as open as possible, but I see that my shoulder are not exactly at the same height of my hands, but a bit back. So my upper body is a bit inclined... Is this a mistake I have to fix? Or is it a good form anyway?

Thank you!!

LateStarter@46

I think that it's probably not acceptable to lean, the arms must be vertical. This could be achieved by ppt'ing hard (very very hard!) whilst avoiding closing the shoulders and chest.