Ladders

Started by robotstrong, September 9, 2009 · 3 Replies · 2,712 Views

robotstrong

Has anyone implemented ladders within their steady state cycle? If so, how big were the ladders and how much rest did you use between rungs and series?

I was wondering if a 1,2,3,1,2,3,etc. ladder for about 5 series (30 reps total) would be too much volume with an exercise that would be challenging for 5 reps. And also I was wondering if lengthening the rest periods between each rung would suffice; i.e. 1 rep, rest 30 seconds, 2 reps, rest a minute, 3 reps, rest 2 minutes, repeat series.

Thanks for your time.

braindx

Generally, ladders are used for conditioning. Coach Sommer's stuff doesn't worry about conditioning too much because of the strength gains correlating well to endurance.

If you need the conditioning work then I'd say go for it...but you pprobably wouldn't see it implemented much around here (unless the person specifically needs that for another sport perhaps).

robotstrong

Thanks again braindx.

ashita

in the book it said that teh first variation of the ladder; 1,2,3,1,2,3 is focus on a strength gain.

So...good or not?

^^