This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Training schedule

Started by Itamar sha'ashuaS, September 3, 2015 · 30 Replies · 1,160 Views

Itamar sha'ashuaS

Hello!

Out of curiosity, I wanted to hear other people's training schedule who following the courses and maybe doing other stuff too.
So anyone who mind share his training schedule, it will be nice to see :)

 

I'm following all the courses and run too.

Currently I'm taking a break from HS PE's and iM's and Thoracic bridge work because of a shoulder pain.

 

My regular training schedule:

Sunday- Run+H1

Monday- F7

Tuesday- H1+TB

Wednesday- Run+ FS

Thursday- F7

Friday- Run+ MS

Saturday- Recovery day

 

I'm thinking of adding one more F7 workout instead of something or in addition but will test it after my shoulder will heal and I'll get back to my regular schedule.

 

My training schedule now until my shoulder will heal:

Sunday- Run+ H1 wrist work

Monday- F7

Tuesday- Run

Wednesday- Run+ H1 wrist work

Thursday- F7+ Fs

Friday- Run+ MS

 

I'm using the time my shoulder is healing to focus a bit more on my running, I love to run, and adding one more run a week can do just good for me ;)

 

So how is your's training schedule look like?

DBeckerman

Hi! I work shift work so my days of exercise etc are not always the same. I do the 3 day/week split of F4/F3. I also add in at least 2 HS workouts and the three stretch series once per week. I'll add some sprints and light aerobic exercise for cardiac health only (seems to work for me). I also do judo as often as my shifts allow me. Wow it doesn't seem as much as I write!

I actually spread my workout week over closer to 10 days as Inlike to do F4/F3 split twice in the same workout week. Similar to how wendler does his splits.

Itamar sha'ashuaS
DBeckerman said:

Hi! I work shift work so my days of exercise etc are not always the same. I do the 3 day/week split of F4/F3. I also add in at least 2 HS workouts and the three stretch series once per week. I'll add some sprints and light aerobic exercise for cardiac health only (seems to work for me). I also do judo as often as my shifts allow me. Wow it doesn't seem as much as I write!

I actually spread my workout week over closer to 10 days as Inlike to do F4/F3 split twice in the same workout week. Similar to how wendler does his splits.

Nice! it's good to hear that you're doing your best to train even when work is on your way!

I've edited my post so you can see now how is mine looks like :)

Waiting for others to share their's!

chuchodani

Mine looks like this

 

Monday- Olympic lifting session AM- F7 in the afternoon

Tuesday- H1

Wednesday- Olympic lifting session

Thursday- H1

Friday-Olympic lifting session AM- F7 in the afternoon

Saturday- Capoeira Session

Sunday- Capoeira Session

 

Sometimes if one session of olympic lifting was really hard I do F3/F4 on Tuesday with H1.

Itamar sha'ashuaS
chuchodani said:

Mine looks like this

 

Monday- Olympic lifting session AM- F7 in the afternoon

Tuesday- H1

Wednesday- Olympic lifting session

Thursday- H1

Friday-Olympic lifting session AM- F7 in the afternoon

Saturday- Capoeira Session

Sunday- Capoeira Session

 

Sometimes if one session of olympic lifting was really hard I do F3/F4 on Tuesday with H1.

Oh Capoeira is nice! Maybe I'll start jiu jitsu somewhen soon. Altough H workouts are not so tough, at least not in the beginning, You have no recovery days, how does that for your progress and tiredness?

chuchodani

I have been doing foundation for about 9 months now so I'm adapted to the demand. In the other hand I'm not progressing as fast as I should, sometimes I need to spend 1 or 2 additional weeks in a template but it is what I need to do in order to progress in both strength fields and not catch over training, also I don't feel like Oly taxes too much some of my muscles than I'm going to use later in my F7 session, what it's sore most of the time is my grip, traps and legs but during my F7 session nothing else feels tired. Capoeira classes are not so demanding on strength at the moment so those days don't hindered my progress.  

 

P.S. 

 

The first week of Olympic lifting we trained really hard so I dropped some elements to easy progressions only that week.

Ryan Bailey

Here is my week.

In General Foundation 1 with 4 day split.

Handstand 1, 2 days.

3 stretch series.

3 days of rest

Monday: F4

Tuesday: AM: Cardio + Handstand 1, PM: F3 + Middle Split Stretch

Wed: Rest

Thursday: F4 + Thoracic Bridge Stretch

Friday: AM: Cardio + Handstand 1, PM: F3 + Front Split Stretch

Saturday: Rest

Sunday: Rest

Chris Garay

Nice topic Itamar. I too enjoy hearing of others' training schedules for ideas and inspiration. I used to train jiu-jitsu, bouldering, and Olympic weightlifting in addition to my GST. Over time I found that I was "trying to serve too many masters," and my progress was stalling in comparison to how much effort and time I was spending.

 

In the past 5+ months, my training schedule typically looks like this:

  • Mon: sPL, FL, and MSs
  • Tue: HBP, RC, shoulder prehab
  • Wed: MN, BL, and TBs
  • Thur: SLS, FSs
  • Fri: SL

I typically rest or run on the weekends. Lots of HS, pHS, and other "limbering" work done 2-4 mornings each week in addition to the above. Please note, that I started following Foundation exactly as written in the course in 2013, and I did that exactly as written for about a full year. The above schedule is a result of tinkering and finding what works for well for me given a whole variety of factors.

 

Best,

Chris

Itamar sha'ashuaS
Chris Garay said:

Nice topic Itamar. I too enjoy hearing of others' training schedules for ideas and inspiration. I used to train jiu-jitsu, bouldering, and Olympic weightlifting in addition to my GST. Over time I found that I was "trying to serve too many masters," and my progress was stalling in comparison to how much effort and time I was spending.

 

In the past 5+ months, my training schedule typically looks like this:

  • Mon: sPL, FL, and MSs
  • Tue: HBP, RC, shoulder prehab
  • Wed: MN, BL, and TBs
  • Thur: SLS, FSs
  • Fri: SL

I typically rest or run on the weekends. Lots of HS, pHS, and other "limbering" work done 2-4 mornings each week in addition to the above. Please note, that I started following Foundation exactly as written in the course in 2013, and I did that exactly as written for about a full year. The above schedule is a result of tinkering and finding what works for well for me given a whole variety of factors.

 

Best,

Chris

Thank you for sharing yours, Chris !

 

looks like you've been through a lot of schedules since you've started, until you've found your ''sweet spot'', the schedule that fits you the best.

I like the sentence "trying to serve too many masters'', I think that sometimes when I discover new things that I love and good at them, I tend to act according to this sentence and it's hurting my progress, and shifts me from the main road of mine which is Running and GST  :)

 

Good to hear about others' experinces with training and schedules, waiting for others' comments  :D

Thanks!

Keilani Gutierrez

like Chris, I started the Foundation course as written when it came out. 4 day split was the most productive schedule for a while, then switched to 2x F7 and 3x F1 when the Handstands course came out and found my sweet spot as of late doing GST, BJJ and the occasional skatepark sesh on my bike at 2x F1, 2x H1, 2x Stretch series and 3x Jiu Jitsu.

Monday: Fa + TB

Tuesday: H1 + BJJ(1-2hr)

Wednesday: rest (sometimes ill go to the beach)

Thursday: Fb + BJJ(1-2hr)+ Fs

Friday: H1

Saturday: BJJ (2hr)

Sunday: rest

it took a while for recovery to normalize with the addition of the stretch series, especially for my shoulders. the PE's level lets itself to be trained 1-2 times a week for me. I suspect at a certain point, i'd like to put HBP in the days that H1&2 are trained but for now, everything is fine just the way it is. I dont experience progress in just one or two streams like this, its systemic, so im not gonna jynx that by trying to reinvent the wheel. :)

Seminole 4

I'm not really adding much on to my training, but I just changed my training template this week. So I figured I'd throw in my two cents. I wouldn't mind feedback either.

Monday-H, FA/FB

Tuesday-Run, FSs

Wednesday-H, FB/FA

Thursday-Run, TBs

Friday-H, FA/FB

Saturday-Run, MSs

My biggest weaknesses are hand balancing and mobility, so they are prioritized this way. I also plan on dropping the runs and replacing them with the Movement course(s) when they come out.

Xcel

I changed my schedule around a few months ago to start doing GST via F7/HS again.  Wake up and start working out around 4:30am.  It's not my most favorite at times but its what fits my schedule.  I do the F7 4 day split as prescribed by the workout scheduler and have been trying to squeeze in some TB work one night a week depending on how busy we are.

 

Monday - FL, sPL, HBP, RC

Tuesday - MN, SL, SLS, H1

Wednesday - Rest, sometimes a light swim

Thursday - FL, SPL, HBP, RC, H1

Friday - MN, SL, SLS

Saturday/Sunday - have managed to surf almost every weekend this summer.  Unusual.

 

Recovery is starting to become an issue as I get closer to mastery on some elements so I may have to throttle back and switch it up.  Or eat better.  Or sleep more than 5 hours a night.

Itamar sha'ashuaS

Awsome! Good to know that you guys are doing so well and even doing things in addition to GST !

Interesting to see how the schedules varies from one to another because of work, recovery and other hobbies that you have.

Thank you for sharing guys, I'm waiting to hear others' posts

HTomas

I'm altering AM and PM workouts just cause I wouldn't have a life if I crammed it all in after work.

I've been doing this routine for about 6 months now.

Mobility days are elements I've taken from the courses (mostly ones that use increased loading I.E Jefferson curls, Windmills, Dislocates) plus other work mostly done as a SSC, never max effort since I consider it an active rest day

AM/PM

M: Run/Fb+MS

T: HS/Fa+TB

W: Mobility/Juggling (hands)

Th: Run/Fb+FS

F: HS/Fa

Sa: Mobility/Juggling (foot skills)

Su: Rest

It's working well for me though I'm still only on F1 elements for most things.

Edoardo Cagnola

Thanks to all of you guys who have shared their schedule, it was an interesting read!

I'm just in the process of switching from a F7x2 + H1x2 (and the 3 stretch courses) schedule to another schedule. I want to break down my Foundation workout in two session casue, although I've been training with this particular schedule for over 6 months and I can recover well, I can't maintain proper concentration for that long. This means that I end up rushing through the last one/two exercises sacrificing form, and that's not acceptable.

So I'm thinking of adopting a schedule very similar to the one shared by Xcel. But since this year i graduate from college, I may have to scale down to a Fa/b 3 days a week schedule, which seems to work wonders for many people.

Will my skills suffer by the reduced frequency in case I choose this particular schedule?

Thanks:)

Itamar sha'ashuaS
Edoardo Cagnola said:

Thanks to all of you guys who have shared their schedule, it was an interesting read!

I'm just in the process of switching from a F7x2 + H1x2 (and the 3 stretch courses) schedule to another schedule. I want to break down my Foundation workout in two session casue, although I've been training with this particular schedule for over 6 months and I can recover well, I can't maintain proper concentration for that long. This means that I end up rushing through the last one/two exercises sacrificing form, and that's not acceptable.

So I'm thinking of adopting a schedule very similar to the one shared by Xcel. But since this year i graduate from college, I may have to scale down to a Fa/b 3 days a week schedule, which seems to work wonders for many people.

Will my skills suffer by the reduced frequency in case I choose this particular schedule?

Thanks:)

I don't think your skills will ''suffer'' by reducing the frequency.. 

I don't know if there are more reasons that make you wanna switch the 2xF7 schedule, but I would try to stick to that schedule as much as I can, and try to focus on each element as much as I can. because that schedule will build the work capacity that wil be needed for later training in the foundation series.. I suggest, keep fighting for this schedule and focusing on each elements as much as you can becasue in the end.. the foundation series mastery is all of the 7 elements in one workout, so the F7 workout will build you the right work capacity to do it. 

But on the other hand, if you feel like it's really don't fits you now and you prefer to split it up to Fa and Fb workouts, so do it and slowly build the work capacity that will allow you to work through F7 workout without losing focus on some elements.

 

Hope I helped, and thank you all for sharing!  :D

Cole Dano
Edoardo Cagnola said:

Thanks to all of you guys who have shared their schedule, it was an interesting read!

I'm just in the process of switching from a F7x2 + H1x2 (and the 3 stretch courses) schedule to another schedule. I want to break down my Foundation workout in two session casue, although I've been training with this particular schedule for over 6 months and I can recover well, I can't maintain proper concentration for that long. This means that I end up rushing through the last one/two exercises sacrificing form, and that's not acceptable.

So I'm thinking of adopting a schedule very similar to the one shared by Xcel. But since this year i graduate from college, I may have to scale down to a Fa/b 3 days a week schedule, which seems to work wonders for many people.

Will my skills suffer by the reduced frequency in case I choose this particular schedule?

Thanks:)

 

Just try it out for a cycle or two and see how you respond. The only best answer to this question is what works best for you, in your current circumstances. 

 

Coach Sommer has told so many stories over the years of how the schedule that works for one athlete will destroy another that it's obvious there's no way to force the fit. It just needs to be worked out by trial and error.

Sensei JP

I teach martial arts, so five nights a week I'm always moving, on the floor, performing at a light to moderate level.  I have to plan my workouts around this fact.

 

Sunday: F7

Monday: Front Split

Tuesday: Handstand + Stretch

Wednesday: F7

Thursday: Rest

Friday: Handstand + Middle Splits

Saturday: Rest

 

I incorporate the rest days later in the week as that's when my teaching schedule generally hits hardest.  Saturday is generally my complete rest day, while Thursday is more active rest.  I also scale down or even outright skip the Wednesday workout if my recovery isn't good enough.

 

I'm thinking of moving the Front Split series to Sunday, which would give me more rest days, but a run + F7 + stretch would take a lot of time.  I might make the shift in the winter, when running becomes undesirable in the Canadian desolation of -20C.

Freeflyer

Normal schedule for me, though not always followed exactly, as my job is fairly fluid.

 

 

5-7 days a week:  3ish mi walk with the dog in the AM wearing a 30lbs ruck.  Maintain 16:40is pace, but keep HR below 120.  Mostly dictated by weather.

 

Every other day(ish):  About 10min after waking an approximately 15min set of various pushup, row/pull up, and bodyweight squat variations.  This is not done to any point close to failure.  Lots of prehab type movements. 

 

Mon: F5 (FL, sPL, SL, HBP, RC), Muscle ups, Weighted carries

Tues: H1, H2, F2 (MN, SLS), PB supports/Deadhangs, play with more advanced stuff

Wed: Stretch series.  Maybe quick jump rope wod depending on energy

Thur: F5 (FL, sPL, SL, HBP, RC), Muscle ups, Weighted carries

Fri: H1, H2, F2 (MN, SLS), PB supports/Deadhangs, Wind tunnel in the evening.

Sat/Sun:  Stretch series one day, skydive the other day

 

Warmups consist of a lap of quadraped movement, a quick banded shoulder/scapula exercises,  quick calf or tibialis work, and a very short specific warm up for that day. Total warmup time is 10-12min.

 

Most of my rest time between exercises is spent doing a stretch not related to next movement i'm doing, but that I need to work on.  And/Or throwing a ball for the dog.

Edoardo Cagnola

Thanks Cole, I'm gonna do just that, trial and error starting with the 3 days schedule. Does it matter how I combine the exercises on the different days? The site puts together MN,SL and SLS on one day and FL,HBP,RC,sPL on the other, but I guess it's not a problem to change thing a little, right?

Cole Dano

If you're comfortable with managing your programming, then you can do with it as you will. However do note that the exercises are paired to be complementary to each other, so the suggested set up does work very well indeed.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

My schedule is as follows:

 

Monday: Fa/Fb + H1

Tuesday: 2-2.5 mile run + FSs

Wednesday: Fa/Fb + H1

Thursday 2-2.5 mile run + MSs

Friday: Fa/Fb + TBs

 

For some reason, however, I've consistently been waking up feeling metabolically drained and not rested the past week or two. So, as a result of this, I'm thinking to remove the 2-2.5 mile runs. But, I also have a sneaking suspicion that maybe I'm not eating enough carbohydrates? I don't know. Anyone have any thoughts?

 

 

Update: 

 

I now do a schedule as follows:

Monday: Fa/Fb+FSs

Tuesday: H1

Wednesday: Fa/Fb+TBs

Thursday: H1

Friday: Fa/Fb+MSs

Saturday: (optional) H1

 

Works better for me with a currently crazy life schedule and I feel rested and am recovering well. Boom.

Bro'

If you have enough time on those days, you can also move FS and MS at the end of your workouts, this way you get days of full rest.

Chris Garay

Daniel,

Carbohydrate intake should typically depend on how lean you are and how much you train. Seems like you're training a fair amount, and if you're below, say, 15-20% body fat for guys, then you should probably be eating your fill of (healthy, minimally processed) carbs after workouts and/or in the evening. I train about 8 times per week typically and hover around 8-10%, and as such I eat fruits midday and starches at night.

Best,

Chris

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

I'm very lean. I'm about 165-168 depending on the day, but I've got complete definition of my obliques and rectus abdominis. I'm also only on FL/PE2, MN/PE2, and SL/PE2, so the relative strength in my core gymnastically isn't that high.

 

I thought about moving the FSs and MSs to my Monday and Wednesday workouts. Will give it a shot next week. Today, though, I've still got Fa (4 elements) and TBs to do. So I'm gonna slog through it versus resting and starting anew next week. I also wonder at whether living in NYC, getting my master's full-time, and working part-time has anything to do with my fatigue.