This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE1 Purpose

Started by FLeXi, September 2, 2015 · 4 Replies · 283 Views

FLeXi

Curious as to the purpose of hinge rows. They seem somewhat harder than RC/PE2 if not equally difficult, and have a different movement pattern. I know most people beginning could start at RC/PE2 and continue without a problem so why the extra step here?

 

Also don't make this out to be someone trying to skip progressions, I'm just curious since I don't think many people have even heard of hinge rows before this program. Incline rows always seemed to be a perfect stepping stone towards full rows.

Chris Garay

Hi FleXi,

 

I believe there are some other topics written about this, so please do search the forum as well. Hinge rows begin conditioning your shoulder girdle (in external rotation) as well as your grip and arms, which is something incline rows do not. Speaking from experience, I wish I had taken care of muscular balance in my shoulders much earlier on!

 

Best,

Chris

Leonhard Krahé

Maybe this thread will answer your questions:

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/19923-anatomy-of-a-hinge-row

 

Coach Sommer said:

- My creation. :icon_twisted:

- This generally indicates weak rotator cuffs.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Mark Collins said:

This exercise has a big rotator cuff emphasis. It targets the infraspinatus, rear delts, mid traps, rhomboids and biceps in a range of movement we are not use to. Tight pecs and anterior delts also make this exercise harder.

The Hansenator

Hinge rows have been good for my shoulder. They work some lazy muscles in my armpit area in a way that other exercises don't.

FLeXi

Ahh that makes sense. My bad for posting something that exists, sometimes it's easy to miss certain discussions when you've been looking through so many other ones already. Just becomes a blur.

 

Anyways thanks for the answers.