This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE6: Circle Arch Up Mastery = 100 Reps

Started by Luzian, August 27, 2015 · 12 Replies · 561 Views

Luzian

I've arrived at week 11 of SL/PE6 (Circle Arch Up). The scheduler under my.gymnasticbodies.com lists it as 5x10r@ which to my understanding means 10 reps per side (@ = per side). That means 100 reps in total. Crazy :) Is that really correct?

Edoardo Cagnola

I hope you're wrong, but I doubt it :)

Jeremy Huston

I passed this a couple weeks ago doing 10 circles total per set. I hope that's right.

Freeflyer

50 reps

 

10 circles per set.  Not 10 each way

Freeflyer

I just looked at the course page itself.  It says 10r.  Not 10r each direction.  Typically unless it specifies both sides is one rep then it goes: R1, L2, R3, L4....

Chris Garay

One set of SL/PE6 is 10 reps total, or 5 reps per side. Mastery would then be 50 reps across all 5 sets, not 100.

Itamar sha'ashuaS
Zach Armijo said:

Awwwww.....

 

I was looking forward to seeing people go for 100rep mastery :P

They will have a strong foundation! ahah

Luzian

That's what I've been talking about... it needs to be corrected I suggest.

 

post-8996-0-07518000-1440752353_thumb.pn

Ian Howard
On August 27, 2015 at 0:30 PM, Zach Armijo said:

Awwwww.....

 

I was looking forward to seeing people go for 100rep mastery :P

LOLLLLL  I've been counting each side as only half the prescribed repetitions... It makes sense, especially on weeks where there are 5 sets of 3 reps, for instance. I don't want 2 reps on my left, and only 1 on the right! I've searched for this numerous times and thought I found the correct answer. I still don't understand why this is such a debated topic, lol, but after watching Wesley in the new foundation videos he said, "each side is one rep". I don't think I'm doing myself a disservice by doing 100 reps for mastery (50 each side), but if we are only supposed to do 1 rep left, 1 rep right, then 1 rep left I'm going to need someone to explain what to do on the days with an odd number of prescribed reps. 

Jeremy Huston
5 minutes ago, Ian Howard said:

p if we are only supposed to do 1 rep left, 1 rep right, then 1 rep left I'm going to need someone to explain what to do on the days with an odd number of prescribed reps. 

This will only happen on deload weeks. Alternate directions for each set -- so set 1 will get an extra rep to the left, set 2 will get the extra rep to the right, etc. If you really want to even things out, just do an extra rep on the last set.

Ian Howard

So, I found where I read about this in the beginning: the FAQ! lol  Anyway, I am wrong according to the answer I found because SL/PE6 doesn't specify 1 rep per side in the description. However, others are correct in that the workout planner uses the @-symbol which is used to indicate 1 rep per side. I think I'll scale things back then and just add the extra rep to the odd side on deload weeks as Jeremy suggests. 

image.jpeg

Mark Goedeke

I know it's in the FAQ, but it would probably save a lot of answering recurring questions if e.g. "(5 per side)" was added to all the rep counts.