Hello Everybody, I've been a callisthenics practitioner for about 1 year, however i've been active in the gym for quite longer.
In the process, I fell in love with callisthenics and the whole idea of oldschool bodyweight training and decided it was what i wanted to do. All that while being 21years old already...
Long story short, I did too much, too soon and ended up injuring myself in practically every joint of my body, culminating in a grievous wrist injury (an acute scaphominoid rupture that originated from a nagging tendinosis and probable partial tear of the scapholunar ligament)
Thus, right now I am recovering from a very heavy operation done in there (autograft was used to re-create the scaphominoid-scapholunar ligament and needles were use to correct the alignement of practically every little bone in there, some of which were starting to show signs of early arthrosis in the cartilage)
My first and foremost question would be, what would be the best way to go about rehabbing my wrist (especially after full range of motion has been recovered) and then go all the way towards strengthening the wrist so that it can become again a trustworthy companion in my callisthenic endeavors...
Second question would be of a more general nature.
Tendon strengthening.
Especially fibrotic-degenerated tendon (aka injured tendon) strengthening
I have many sites of tendinosis all around my body and I want to get to my previous athletic peak and further WITHOUT the goddamn pain.
I read somewhere in an article regarding coach Sommer's approach to training the following phrase:
Best way to strengthen tendons and connective tissue is very short and very high intensity micro bursts of load.
What in the world does this mean? Does it apply ONLY to healthy tendons? And how are "very short and very high intensity micro bursts of load" defined practically? Do we have any examples?
Anyway, what I DO know about strengthening fibbrotic tendon tissue thanks to a friend that has researched into the matter very thoroughly is that ECCENTRIC training does the trick and slow tendon contraction is what promotes healthy collagen alignement...
What's the catch here? All answeres would be appreciated, thank you for your time:
Dimitris Chnaris (Δημήτρης Χνάρης)