Starting as not a beginner

Started by kolosanyi, August 21, 2015 · 4 Replies · 2,165 Views

kolosanyi

Hi all!

I would like to start an online course here. My question is where to start not being a beginner in bodyweight training. I'm doing bodyweight training for 2 years now. I can do a full back lever (my record is 6 seconds), L-sit (10 seconds), human flag negatives (I can hold it for 10 seconds, but only straddled version). Besides that, I can do rope climbs without leg support, 10+ pull ups (chin over the bar, unfortunately I can not do a chest to bar pull up without a momentum), 10+ full ROM dips, 10 HeSpu and so on.

I would like to start a course because following my ideas in training is not effective, and I got elbow tendonitis several times (not serious, just a little discomfort and pain).

My mobility is not bad either, I can do back bridges easily, I can reach my toes without warm up. Of course I would like to improve my mobility/flexibility as well.

I want an injury free training plan, a good programming that results constant improvement.

Cole Dano

You'll want to start from the beginning of Foundation 1 and Handstand 1.

Coach Sommer

By our standards here; you are a beginner.

 

If you are as strong and mobile as you think you are; then you should be able to fast track your training and demonstrate week 11 mastery of each of the preparatory elements and their paired integrated mobility each workout.  Now no one has every managed this for more than the first few elements; but who knows ... you might be the first.  

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Benjn

What Coach said is true. 

 

It's also good to remember that Foundation (or any good training system) is not meant to simply exploit your strengths; it's meant to identify your weaknesses and imbalances so that you can overcome them. Starting from the beginning and sticking to the program will only help and strengthen the skills you have in the long run.

kolosanyi

Well thank all of you, I'll take tour advice. I'll start from the beginning then.