Hello everybody!

Started by CalisthenicsNovice, August 19, 2015 · 2 Replies · 1,455 Views

CalisthenicsNovice

Hello everyone,

 

I'm new here and I just joined today after visiting this website a few times in order to find answers to some of my questions.  I'm 15 years old and I'm from Birmingham, England.

 

Recently, I've taken an interest to calisthenics and found out about various movements like the planche, frog stand and more. So I decided I want to try something new, as well as just strengthening my body. I aim to eventually achieve a full planche so I've looked at the progressions and have started working on the basic frog stand. This is my fourth day of training and I can now hold a basic frog stand for a few seconds. Alongside my training I'm also doing other exercises to help strengthen my upper body, like dorsal push-ups, pseudo push-ups and a couple of others.

 

I welcome any questions or even advice on what could help me on my journey.

I'm also wondering if it is achievable for me to achieve the planche in about a year, with dedication and hard work. Even though it may be near impossible, since I don't have any equipment like parallel or even a bench to work with. I would go out to places like the park, but unfortunately every dream has its restrictions. Nevertheless, I'm still going for it.

 

Thanks for reading 

Itamar sha'ashuaS

Welcome to the site!

You can't just start work on planche in one day, you need to prepare your body for it with the very basic progressions of the planche to avoid any injuries that will come for sure without the right preperation .

Pafke

Dont rush with planche training and listen your body, if you experience pain or discomfort take a break.

Forum is full of useful informations so i would suggest to read as much as you can here.

Good luck !