Animalonfire's current routine

Started by Animalonfire, September 3, 2009 · 1 Replies · 1,964 Views

Animalonfire

Hi. You can probably guess that I'm a new user, I just wondered what could be done to my routine to make it any better.

Daily(ish) I'll rest a day if I think I need the rest, and end up doing around 6 days a week on average. I also go out kickboxing on wednesdays, and saturdays, which usually means tuck jumps, squats, v sits (dynamic, with bum on floor), and pushups. The rest is generally drilling, sparring,and pads. Anyway gymnastics related(in no particular order):

35+25 Advanced tuck front lever (my favorite-I recently added 15 seconds in a single session by correcting my form(now perceft!!!))

35+25 Back leverx2 One overhand for my tuck planche(7 seconds one off hold :(-cannot make minute 2 days in a row)-One underhand for my back lever-not ideal, but my wrists dont agree with the fingers forward planche.

60 elbow lever I'll get around to learning the one arm/circle when my lower back straightens out comfortably.

40+20 Lsit (not hanging) once I hit 60 I'll start pushing the flexibility.

Straddle-pending I was wondering why I didnt hit the entire stomach with this, and not just the abs when I relised I was just doing an Lsit with my hands between my legs:S (40+20) I'll be reading up on this later today.

Frog stand 60 seconds fingers forward, but as I said earlier my wrists dont want to planche like that-I figured fingers back=badass uppercut in kickboxing. A frog stand can last anything between 5 and 30 seconds.

This all takes about half an hour(used to be an hour-then I put some thought in, and sliced the time in half in a single session-I was chuffed that day.)

I also like to do single leg squats as and when they seem nececary, and some sledgehammer levering about three times every two weeks. All hangs performed on a doorway chinning bar-currently looking for somewhere to put some rings (and a sand bag).

I feel as though I should put in some dynamic exersize (perhaps in place of statics, or alternating??), and that things should be in a certain order. Any suggestions would be appreciated(even places for hanging rings etc).Thanks

Animalonfire

Ok I've just decided to work the progressions themselves, add some movement where its needed (as&when), move my elbow lever onto my fingertips (to regain lost finger strength from when I realised the Lsit was far harder on palms), and work on the handstand PROPERLY! Not just the shaky just away from the wall, unstructured irregular crap I was doing before.

And yes I should have looked at BlairBlobs basic beginer newbie routine. But no harm was done in the posting of the thread, and it may still prove usefull, or interesting to someone.