Any thoughts on my form here? I've been working on pushing strongly and elevating the shoulders while keeping the gluten tight and trying to stay braced.
Thank you for your help.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by daveK, August 10, 2015 · 8 Replies · 111 Views
Any thoughts on my form here? I've been working on pushing strongly and elevating the shoulders while keeping the gluten tight and trying to stay braced.
Thank you for your help.
Cant see video, its private. ![]()
I changed it to unlisted. Sorry about that!
Your shoulders are kinda tight, work on the shoulder flexion drills and PPT ones and you will be good. If I were I would take a step back and I would use the wall just for play. The form you're using is not the most efficient.
Thank you. I'll reevaluate and continue working on flexion. The extension drills seem easy, but I guess you can always keep increasing the weight. I should probably be doing the flexion drills as a daily practice.
I'll update this post when I think I've increased shoulder mobility enough to reevaluate.
You're guessing right, take a read at this topic https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/18901-list-of-exercises-that-should-be-improved-after-mastery/
Be careful about doing mobility everyday, it can damage your recovery instead of helping you. Better to follow the programming.
I don't have access to that part of the forum. Maybe because I haven't purchased the foundation program? Can you give me the synopsis here? I'm just doing the handstand course.
I think is more a problem of posterior pelvic tilt. basically focus on trying to move the hips bone closer to the wall by squeezing your butt.
daveK said:I don't have access to that part of the forum. Maybe because I haven't purchased the foundation program? Can you give me the synopsis here? I'm just doing the handstand course.
https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/14000-progressing-dislocate-elements/?p=137206