I don't have a dingle bar to do these on at home, is this an acceptable substitute? This is my attempt at mastery.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Murray Truelove, August 8, 2015 · 7 Replies · 253 Views
I don't have a dingle bar to do these on at home, is this an acceptable substitute? This is my attempt at mastery.
I don´t think it works as a substitute at all. You have a single bar put there but instead of supporting on it as one is supposed to do in this exercise you are gripping exactly as you would normally grip in a usuall parallel bar position, so that won´t substitute for the single bar position which is totally different.
As far as I know, the several progressions from now on all depend on this placement and narrow position of the elbows which are not replicated in the position you are doing.
The course notes said something about the single bar prevents you from leaning forward, I was hoping to replicate this.
Might have to save this one for the park or something. I'm actually still stuck on PPP but have been doing dips at the end of my session, I'll just do weighted dips until I master PPP.
It's not quite the same, but since you're doing it as an extra, not a big deal.
If you are confident with tools, you can use a thick wood dowel and attach it by drilling holes for pins through it and the dip handles.
That's a pretty nifty doorway set up BTW.
Here's an attempt from the same session where I have my hands on the bar, I think I'm leaning too far forward (to prevent to bar rolling backwards), I might have to attach a cross beam like Cole says.
The door way setup is called a "Shamrock triple gym", it was a bit of a pain getting it delivered (the owner apparrently had some warehouse trouble at the time when I oredered). Here is a link for anyone interested: http://www.shamrockgym.co.uk/
I can´t see the video, but from the first image it seems you are OK now as for the hands position.
Take a look at Alessandro´s observation here:
https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/21373-hbppe7-form-check/
Not exact, but that's a really good idea nonetheless....
In a pinch, you can do these on a table. The table edge acts as the bar, but you do have to get a little creative about what you do with your legs - unless it's a very tall table.