Online Vs Foundation Series

Started by Jyoungin', August 3, 2015 · 6 Replies · 2,988 Views

Jyoungin'

I am a beginner wanting to get involved with Gymnastic Strength Training™.  There I haven't found a facility that has adult training and I don't really know how I'll be able to do all that workouts such as ring training and side planks without the equipment.

 

Any suggestions for how I could complete all workouts without proper facility?

 

What is the difference between online classes and the Foundation Class?  Could I jump right into online classes or should I complete the foundation course first?

 

Thanks everyone,

 

J

 

 

Coach Sommer

The GB Basic online classes provide only entry level material and are designed as a gentle introduction to GST.

 

The GB online courses are designed for meticulous GST development that incorporates customized programming according to your specific requirements.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Romulo

Search the forum and you should find several examples of improvisation for lack of equipment/gym. Many people workout at home or outdoors, in parks, playgrounds, etc. The ´ring training´ at Foundation level is not specific ring training per se (which is better started only after finishing Foundation), but only basic exercises that use rings (rows, dips, etc.), so in some cases you may replace them temporarily with towels, TRX straps, etc. but you can order rings from gymnasticbodies and hang them on a high bar, tree, playground, etc. 

 

Side planks?! You don´t need any equipment for that...

Jyoungin'

Thanks everyone for the helpful tips!

 

J

The Wykydtron
Romulo said:

Search the forum and you should find several examples of improvisation for lack of equipment/gym. Many people workout at home or outdoors, in parks, playgrounds, etc. The ´ring training´ at Foundation level is not specific ring training per se (which is better started only after finishing Foundation), but only basic exercises that use rings (rows, dips, etc.), so in some cases you may replace them temporarily with towels, TRX straps, etc. but you can order rings from gymnasticbodies and hang them on a high bar, tree, playground, etc. 

 

Side planks?! You don´t need any equipment for that...

I'm sure he meant side lever / human flag...

Jyoungin'

Wykydtron, 

    I did in fact mean side lever/human flag. Thanks for the clarification.   

 

Would you all suggest purchasing the bundle of all foundations for 45$ less than buying all of them separate?  It seems like the smart move and for that matter, common sense.  

   Without much detail, I have a narrow vein which backs up the blood flow to my right arm---this in turn gives "the pump" effect a lot sooner than on the left side.  When I do body weight workouts, it happens even sooner!!!  My only worry is that I will get into the program and find that in fact, physiologically, I won't be able to hold the positions properly.

 

 any advice or suggestions?

 

Thanks,

 J

rg8032

Your body is an incredible adaptive machine. It should still adapt. Your one side may lag behind. It is possible that this dichotomy will dissolve with time. Impossible to say without more information or a definitive diagnosis.

I lost or severely damaged many of the veins on the surface of my forearms 10 years ago. Over those ten years and with much hard work, my body has fixed the issue. I still have some issues with edema (gogo gadget puffy hands), but it gets better and better with time.