Core activation with lumbar lordosis

Started by Valvolt, July 30, 2015 · 3 Replies · 2,387 Views

Valvolt

Hello everyone. I have a question for you.
I have some lumbar lordosis, so hollow body work is pretty hard for me.
I'm trying to correct my posture by stretching and strengthening in order to fix my inbalances.
What I'd like to ask is, what would be a good warmup and activation routine for me, if I were to train stuff like back layouts, planches, levers, handstands or other things requiring a solid hollow body hold? Since I work 8 hours seated, I thought about some glute activation and maybe stretching the hip flexors. Got anything else to suggest?
Thanks!

Mercurium

Some posterior chain work is in order. Reverse leg lifts, GHR, Natural Leg Curls, back extensions and deadlifts will do wonders. It's worth checking that weak abdominals aren't the cause as well.

Alessandro Mainente

stretch hips flexors, piriformis, hamstrings, release the lumbar spine, quadratus lomborum and obliques.

you to increase in parallel the obliques, trasversus and abdominal strength for what is concerned the trunk flexion.

Valvolt

Thanks for the replies.

And what exercises are good in order to activate the glutes and to strengthen the abs?