Currently my Hinge Row is the weakest of all my exercises. Any tips for addressing the deficit?
Twice a day (hinge row only), Grease the Groove, etc.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by KevinH, July 28, 2015 · 8 Replies · 410 Views
Currently my Hinge Row is the weakest of all my exercises. Any tips for addressing the deficit?
Twice a day (hinge row only), Grease the Groove, etc.
Of course, I don't know what your problem is, but for me these two discussions helped at least to start to grasp what kind of best hinge row is:
https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/18820-rcpe1-hinge-rows/
My pulling strength has always lagged behind my pushing strength. For whatever reasons.
My question is more general in nature. If one of the eight were behind what would you do?
most of the posts is that almost everyone has a weaker movement.
Just a point... I found hinge rows to be terribly awkward movement and just did the 0.5 regression until I built up to 5 x 30s of holds. I then moved to the regular movement and found it much easier.
Also, I do the exercises that lag at the beginning of my workout. Physically and mentally I am much more likely to push the early exercises.
Best way for me is to put those hardest exercises at the beginning of the session.
Depending on your doing 50% volume of the current week on the days where you don't work that exercise can do wonders. It seems to be particularly suited for statics but give it a try with hinge rows.
Also you should post a video of your hinge rows, this is one exercise where it's possible to set up incorrectly and make the exercise much more difficult that it needs to be. Rewatch the hinge row video and pay particular attention on how the athlete starts up the movement (details of how the high the rings are set up in relation to his extended arms, etc.). Posting a form check will also let people evaluate and maybe pinpoint a particular issue you have.
i thought that order of exercises should be maintained as is. I fail hing rows as well.
Adding 1 rep to routine worked for me.
i did 4x12 but when i switched to 4x15 i only managed 3x15 and 1x9.
So went back to 4x12 next week 4x13 next 4x14 and this week i managed 4x15 with questionable form.
I will stick to 4x15 until my form is good.
Try that.
I had the same problem and I still think that RC/PE1 is disproportionately more difficult than the other exercises. My plateau was around 5x12. So I just kept repeating that using the regular schedule and adding one single rep to one of the five sets per session. I've added from the last to the first set, like this:
Session 1: 12,12,12,12,13
Session 2: 12,12,12,13,13
Session 3: 12,12,13,13,13
Session 4: 12,13,13,13,13
Session 5: 13,13,13,13,13
Session 6: 13,13,13,13,14
That went pretty linear. It took me nearly about a year to finally arrive at 5x15. But the good thing is: RC/PE2 is much easier. I've just completed it this week by doing the week 9-12 cycle only once.
It's so hard because of how it targets the rotator cuff, and also why it's first in the progression. I was stalling at PE4 so I went back to PE1 to brush up on form and tempo. Next session is 5x15, and I'm pretty sure after that PE4 will be easy this time around!
So don't be afraid to spend a long time on this one, it pays later.
Thanks everyone for the help. What a great community to be a part of.
I think that my weakness isn't strength. It's patience. ![]()
I've been trying to keep all my exercises at the same training level and that appears to be unrealistic.
Bro' footer was the biggest clue. His levels vary from PE3 to SE5.
And Luzian saying that it took him nearly a year was the other. Do it until you master it.
I just need to progress and regress based on what my body needs rather than what I want it to do.