H1 / F1 - run concurrently or separately?

Started by akurtz.mba, July 24, 2015 · 4 Replies · 2,072 Views

akurtz.mba

I'm a little confused on combining courses. The impression I have on Foundation 1 and Handstand 1 is they are each 3-5 day/week programs, with their own prescription of movements and mobility. I understand that F1 works synergistically with H1, but I don't know if/how they can be completed. Should F1 be run to completion before starting on H1, or can they be run concurrently? And if so, how are they integrated?

Personal background: 37YO, strength coach for many years, know my way around a weightroom. Is almost as flexible as a 2x4 but working at it.

Thanks in advance

Mats Trane

You should run them concurrently. They are designed for this.

You do them on different days in the beginning, as you get more experienced and can handle more workload, you can do HS in the morning and Foundations in the evening. If you are as flexible as a 2x4 this is exactly what you want.

Itamar Sha'ashua
Mats Trane said:

You should run them concurrently. They are designed for this.

You do them on different days in the beginning, as you get more experienced and can handle more workload, you can do HS in the morning and Foundations in the evening. If you are as flexible as a 2x4 this is exactly what you want.

What does as flexible as a 2x4 means?

Giovanni Garcea

2x4 is wood for construction. I remember the same confusion when I moved to US 10 years ago.

Blairbob

2x4's aren't flexible. It's a solid piece of wood.