link between max load weighted chin up and OAC .

Started by ashita, August 31, 2009 · 8 Replies · 3,184 Views

ashita

Hey guys !

I wish to know if it exist a link between OAC and Weight chin up.

I mean i weight 154 lbs , how much weight should i pull up before i can perform OAC ?

because i dont test my max recently , but i think my max is between 88 lbs and 110 lbs about weighted chin up.

and i cant do a full OAC yet.

thanks guy

braindx

It's approximately 80-90% bw 1 RM weighted chin = 1 OAC

It may be a bit more or less depending on your practice with each skill.

ashita

I didnt understand all you said

It's approximately 80-90% bw 1 RM weighted chin = 1 OAC

well but it mean OAC = pull whole bodyweight so for me 154 lbs

so i must to do 80-90 % of 154 lbs on weigted pull up ??? if i can do this i can do this an OAC ?

i need light ^^

braindx

Yes.

+123-139 lbs added (80-90%)

MORE OR LESS. It's not exactly because of the practicing each skill.

irongymnast

Is this for 1rep full ROM?

braindx
irongymnast said:
Is this for 1rep full ROM?

...

Well, I already said 1 RM. And why wouldn't you go rull ROM?

irongymnast

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with the RM acronym. What does it stand for?

Nick Van Bockxmeer

1RM = one rep maximum

i think.

ashita
braindx said:
Yes.

+123-139 lbs added (80-90%)

MORE OR LESS. It's not exactly because of the practicing each skill.

Ok thank you , i have a lot work which wait me ^^ !!

1RM = one rep maximum

i think.

Yes 1 RM = the maximum load you can pull just one time .