Luzian said:Yeah, but at some point you'll learn to estimate pretty accurately but looking at pictures. I wouldn't call anyone fat, but I would have estimated the guy in the first link at around 18% and you probably at around 14%. In my experience all the other methods (calipers, bioimpedance, etc.) all are resulting in numbers that are too low.
I agree with you, it is just so difficult, over the internet, to know if the person who's expressing an opinion is as good as you are in judging pictures. The only thing I wanted to point out is that many times you see forums and blogs in which people throw numbers around without being accurate...
By the way, just to confirm what you say about biompedance, my beloved Omron HBF-514C scale had me at 13% (when properly used, that is measuring in the morning just out of bed before drinking or eating anything). Still a great tool for $65...