Hey guys. First of all, I`m glad I`ve found GB. I`ve been reading all the posts and having so much fun lately!
I`ve been doing crossfit for the past 2 years and have been doing sports my entire life. I used to skateboard since I was 12, surfing, pumping iron, etc, but I always loved developing skills and crossfit brought me to ring / parallets / high bar, and then I realized that developing BW skills is what I really like to do.
I`m quite tall 6.2 - 215 lbs (muscular, probably around 15% bf)
So I quit crossfit 6 months ago, bought some rings and started doing some stuff...I can do a few strict muscle ups, L sit, and other things but I`m sure my form is not perfect (even though I`m always recording and trying to be as perfect as I can). I understand all the importance of good form and that`s actually why I`m here ![]()
I`ve been training handstands and some planche progressions too but to be honest, I had a few small forearms cramps, which go away but always return at some point, and I`m sure I have them due overworking or attemping stuff that I`m not prepared for doing yet....
Anyways, I don`t wanna injury myself anymore and I always loved gymnastics. I took some classes when I was 10 (I`m 27 now), but I always loved watching on tv and so on.
I wanna start it all from scratch, and I love the way you guys take it here so seriously.
I`ve read some amazing quotes by Coach too!! Inspiring words.
So my plan is start as rookie as I can, and build it up from there. I wanna do the Foundation course with the Handstand course, as it seems to be the way to go.
The question is - Should I stop "playing" with my rings? I live in Sta Monica now and every saturday I go to muscle beach (if anyone wants to do some stuff together, let me know) and I like practing muscle ups, bar muscle ups, and some handstands...I`d never attempt an IC or something high level like that. I was starting to add some FL and BL progressions too.....I love rings so much that all that I wanna do is to be able to train it without worries ![]()
Anyways, just wanted to say hi and thanks for all the good info here!
Glauco Longhi
www.glaucolonghi.com