Hi all. I need to know ur opinions
I lift weights since 2009 and i've also injuried myself some times, i need to make some questions about the GST. I never was too flexible and never cared about that, i've always tought that its isn't that important, then this happened:
2011 wrist injury, never treated but it gonne away with time
2013 - back injury doing leg press 45, i was trying to have a better ROM but i haven't enough flexibility
disc degenerative desease: L4-L5, L5-S1
diffuse cervical bulge L3-L4, L4-L5
discrete disc bulge L5-S1
( I don't know if these names are right, i've just translated )
8 months of suffering but now i'm okay of course my back is still destroyed but i don't feel any pain or discomfort, but if i pass certains limits i can feel some discomfort
And my doctor recommended to not Squat, Stiff, Deadlift, overhead press, dumbell press etc ... also a superstrong core
although i've done some squats with low weight and heavy barbell rows and not happened.
2015 - shoulder injury ( months ago ), still treating, i dont have any pain but if i do wide gripe pull up, dips or other close grip exercises it hurts me.
I'm just tired of hurting myself, sometimes isn't my fault but its because my tight muscles, i've been doing stretches everyday since i've hurted my back, but without alot of progress. I can only touch my knees with my hand, can't go any further, i can't sit and make 90° with my legs, can't do a L-sit. My right wrist ( the injuried one ) cant do 90° with my forearms, can't do pistol squats etc.
I've started lifting because i was to skinny and even gaining some weight i'm still skinny ( i'm 1,86 and about 200 lbs ).
I've found this webiste and liked the foundation1 and HS1 ( which i'm going to buy soon ) seems like the ideal thing for me. Yes i care alot about aesthethics but i've to be rational and put the health in first place and i also like bodyweight stuff ![]()
I've read alot of threads on this forum, and was surprised on how people like this style of training, the body composition changes, how the GST's strenght transfer in lifting weights, How GST can help in latter olyfting, people saying that they're in the best shapes of their lifes, feeling good and healhty. This all what i'm looking for.
I would like to make some questions, notice that i'm a beginner and if i say something wrong please tell me!!
1) i've seen some movements that ""looks"" that they can hurt my back. I may think this way because i have terrible flexibility. But should i worry about any exercise, on my particular injury background?
Jefferson curls, tuckplanche and all these exercises that make your back curved are a example of this.
2) in the programs you do flexibility and strenght together or not together? i think i would waste much more time in flexibility than in strenght and it maybe take years to finish the courses hehe.
3) Can i atleast keep my leg's mucles mass only with foundation 1? I don't wan't to lose weight ( muscle, even if its "dead" for some movments, fat can go away, but its dieting ) to make things easier.
4)People say that they got bigger shoulders and back doing foundation, which is good, but what about other muscles? i've never trained gymnastics but i think if this program have progressions and things get harder and harder, of course i can gain some mass, specially on the beginning due the new stimulus and maybe
5) Do the programs say how many days you should work per week etc, or i can choose it? Can i train it how many times per week i want? do people get "sore' doing this kind of workout?
6) Why did i lost alot of flexibility on my right wrist after the injury? I stretch but this isn't help, it seems like is "unstretchable". Is something wrong? should i see a doctor? i don't feel pain, i just don't gain flexibility at all.
7) These are the reasons i think im really going to like
-More flexibility, less injuries, "protect" the injuries i already have and maybe help !
-I like how the people that make bodyweight looks, i would wish looks like they.
-I like bodyweight, because they're really challangeling and funny ( while lifting isn't )
-I can workout in diferent places(?), Gyms, outdoors etc...
-If i back to lift weights again, probably its going to be safer![]()