This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN PE1 + iM form check

Started by Tyler Strange, June 22, 2015 · 6 Replies · 124 Views

Tyler Strange

Hey all - hoping someone can take a look at my tuck ups and windmills.  I don't feel like I get as much compression of legs towards chest as I see in the demo video, and I'm not sure what I should be shooting for in the windmills.  this was the last set of the day - I want to make sure I get the basics right before I move on.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

 

chuchodani

In order to get more compression I would suggest you to hold the angle between your things and calves a little bit higher. For the windmills you should focus on get your arm between your legs to get a better stretch.

Tyler Strange

Thanks! I'll give that a shot next time. Much appreciated! On the windmill, what is a reasonable distance to aim for in reaching through the legs?

Ryan Reynolds

That's a big kettle bell for doing this, how much weight is that?

 

Your not getting much rotation of the weight. If you watch the video he almost does a 360.  If I were you I'd drop down the weight and work on more rotation.

Keegan

Can you get more ROM with a lighter KB? If so I would drop the weight. Also, I've recently been placing my arm behind my back like Kira (sp?) does in the F1 Evaluation video and actually like it much more than reaching through my legs, feels much more natural to me for whatever reason.

As for the compression Zach has stated that we don't actually need knees to chest and that the most important thing is the synchronization of lifting our torso and legs and bringing both together, but he would know better if your level of compression is acceptable to move on or not.

Hope this helps.

Tyler Strange

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.  For reference, the KB is a competition style bell that looks huge, but is actually only 16Kg (35#) - which seems to be the sweet spot for ROM for me - although I will try dropping the weight and see if I can get more rotation - which might help me in getting torso below the hips, too.  In the mean time, I will shoot for a smoother tuck up while I figure out the windmill.

 

Much appreciated!