This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Anyone interested in starting a bay-area meetup/training group?

Started by Joshua Slocum, June 11, 2015 · 43 Replies · 4,052 Views

Damon Soo
On 8/27/2015 at 6:51 PM, Ronnicky Roy said:

I'm looking at moving to California for work. My company has a job opening in the East Bay area.
Would you say it's a safe area?

Hi Roy, Did you find a place to live in the east bay?  

Jody Mills

Are there any current groups or meetups in the east bay? I am in walnut Creek and would like any info on groups nearby. I would even go to SF weekends to make sure I am doing things correctly. Fundamentals for now on my own. 

Andrew Lundsten

Hey @Joshua Slocum, did you ever get a bay area meetup together? Looks like you're in Massachusetts now but figured yoj might now! Was looking for a listing of GB resources in the area and so far only came across this thread. Thx!

Jody Mills

@joshuaslocum How about info on meetup in East Bay 

John Gardner

I own a crossfit gym up in san rafael and would love to host a meet up at my gym.  Let me know if anyone is interested.

Jody Mills

Put my name in the hat.

Ingrid Seid

Has this meetup started? Thx!!

John Gardner

Nope,

I'm training at 10:30 in San Rafael at West Bay CrossFit, anyone is welcome to join me!  PM me if you're interested.

Regards,

John

Aaron Wilson

Would love a followup on anything that happened in the South Bay, it looks like that petered out

Jesse Kim

If anyone is still on the beginning elements of f1, but still likes to meet up, I am down lol :P

Giovanni Garcea

Silicon Valley guys, how about we just meet for lunch or dinner as a start and we go from there?

Jody Mills

We need something in Oakland!! Im in Walnut Creek but will bart in. Optimally Saturday or Sunday morning but with the state of no groups, will consider after work. It's hard doing this alone and too easy to push it off. Maybe a meetup group (meetup.com-app) for more exposure?

Max Wallach

@Giovanni Garcea I'd be down for getting together for Lunch or dinner as a starting point for meeting up.  I'm in Sunnyvale myself and still at the beginning stages of GST.  I've started over several times and it'd be awesome to develop a like minded community in this area.  It'd help when we run into motivational problems and always great to get in person feedback with respect to form.

Aaron Wilson

Likewise. I was traveling for a bit most recently, and will be traveling a bit coming up, but maybe we can either throw something together this week or sometime in mid-September? We seem fairly scattered, PA, Sunnyvale, Walnut Creek and North Bay, so maybe San Mateo or San Bruno would be a decent midpoint?

Jacob Maxson

Hey Everyone,

 

I haven't started the program yet but I live in the Campbell, CA area and would love to meet with some people in the ares to talk about GB training.  I work as a firefighter and am looking for something to compliment my profession as well as prolong my career.  Thanks!

 

Jake

Alan Soliz

Looks like I'm late in this post but still interested in finding a place for GST in the east bay. I'm in the TriValley - Pleasanton, Dublin, Livermore. Anyone know of a place or planning on meeting up regularly?

Damon Soo

I'm also interested in a meet up. I live in San Leandro and just started.

Thanks Damon

Nathan Park

I'd also be interested in joining for a bay area meetup. I'm in the San Jose area and just started.

 

Steven Cayre

Hi all, just starting with Fundamentals and Foundations 1 and would welcome training in community! I'm located in the Noe Valley neighborhood of San Francisco. If anyone is aware of any classes / meet-ups in SF proper kindly let me know! Thanks :-) Steven (scayre@icloud.com)