Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Everyday morning routine?

Deins Drengers

Deins Drengers

Hi !

Was wondering what would be a good morning routine to do say for 10-20 minutes that would be beneficial for GST improvement.

I saw Orench morning workout but that i too too advanced for me.

On what should a beginner focus ? ( I do 2x week F and 2x a week H series )

Julian Aldag

If you are following Foundation and Handstands, why not choose a few earlier progressions to do as a warm up?

• Upvote 1

Deins Drengers

The goal is to do a light daily practice of some most needed patterns.

For example some light core, hanging, Handstand work as soon as I get up in the morning.

I am curious if this would help in progressing with the F and HS series faster as I get adapted more quickly 

And yes hence the word - light work - that is not so taxing and wont negatively effect my F and HS training

Jonathan Pettit

This is perhaps not what you are looking for, but virtually every day, as soon as I wake up, I go through a quick old-school karate warm-up.  It's all joint rotations.  So I roll or rotate my wrists, my elbows, my arms, my head, my hips, everything that can be moved, I move it.  Generally five reps, sometimes more if I feel tight, both directions when applicable.  This doubles as a quick daily diagnostic of sorts.  If my back feels extra tight during torso twists, for example, I'll do maybe 10 or 20 to loosen up, and then I'll watch that area when I work out later to make sure everything is okay.

At the end I always do some stretch kicks, which is lifting your straight leg as high as you can.  I go straight to the front, straight to the side and, as much as possible, straight behind.  Usually 3 sets of 5, each leg.

This isn't a strength routine like Orench showed us, but it feels really good, takes less than 10min and will prepare you for whatever you want to do.

Chris Garay

MrPuppeh,

It sounds like you already have a good idea of what to try. Give it a go, keep it light, and see how your body responds. The biggest potential issue with a "morning limbering" routine such as this would be to make sure you keep it light so that it does not interfere with any strength training later in the day. Keep us posted!

Best,

Chris

• Upvote 1