This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE2, push up

Started by Hanlim Lee, June 4, 2015 · 4 Replies · 163 Views

Hanlim Lee

i'm struggling with this simple exercise for a long time cuz I felt it doesn't carry on to PE3, PPP.

(but i'm enjoying  :D )

 

I try to fix some but still many remains.

 

I manage to keep tension in my butts throughout the movement to make ppt

 

but chest still opens as I go down. Don't know how to fix it.

 

Please let me know if i'm on the right track.

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

maybe i'm too perfectionist but what i'm teaching to my clients just before to start a set is "achieve your bodyline and activation, then work through them". In fact they usually pass from retraction and elevation to depression and protraction, then from APT to PPT, after they CAN start the set. In this way they are building up an habit and correct position. In you video from the first set i've not seen one of these things. In your case it is not good.

Where are you on straddle planche development?

Cole Dano

Can we see your Elevated Pushups as well?

Hanlim Lee
Alessandro Mainente said:

. In fact they usually pass from retraction and elevation to depression and protraction, then from APT to PPT, after they CAN start the set. In this way they are building up an habit and correct position. In you video from the first set i've not seen one of these things. In your case it is not good.

Where are you on straddle planche development?

is that underline after or before ? I"m confused. you mean I have to learn how to be still before learn how to move, right? 

 

just like Bruce Lee said. 

 

But I'm online trainee and I have no one to check my from immediately. 

 

I agree your way is right way but foundation series which are all I have doesn't designed so. 

 

PE1, incline push up is already a movement. There are few gyms with gymnastic based instructor. 

 

 

anyway my answer to your question is,

 

I'm on PE2 but I actually ignored master PE1-iM for it takes too long to develop mobility. 

 

here is the recent SPL/PE1 filmed. 

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/20786-splpe1-splpe1-im-scapular-shrugs-and-swivel-hips/

 

Though I'm consistently practicing mobility with all stretch series, I can't wait that long so I moved on.

 

so I'm doing PE2, plank.  

 

 

Cole Dano said:

Can we see your Elevated Pushups as well?

 you mean PE1? okay I 'll tape it but I'm pretty sure I'll show same problem in there. 

 

I wanted to be better so I've practiced for like ten months. Didn't improved much. the way I practice must be wrong. 

 

If I'm not good on PE2, I can go down to pe1.

 

 

but If I have same issues in PE1, then where to go? there is no where to go.

Cole Dano
Hanlim Lee said:

 

 

 you mean PE1? okay I 'll tape it but I'm pretty sure I'll show same problem in there. 

 

I wanted to be better so I've practiced for like ten months. Didn't improved much. the way I practice must be wrong. 

 

If I'm not good on PE2, I can go down to pe1.

 

 

but If I have same issues in PE1, then where to go? there is no where to go.

 

It takes time in the beginning, don't let the time taken to now bother you in the least.

 

The reason for going back to PE1 is it takes less strength to make the corrections. So you'll be able to do it there with guidance and patience. Once you have it there, it will very naturally transfer to PE2.

 

Also keep in mind that the early FL and sPL PE's work synergistically with this.