This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE3 FORM CHECK

Started by Cameron Williams (Suspect 001), May 28, 2015 · 4 Replies · 80 Views

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

I've been trying to improve my PPT and scap protraction... any tips are appreciated!

 

 

Thanks,

 

Cam

Richard Sassoon

Hei, I saw on this form check and also on your other for pushup that you lack protraction and your scapulas are sticking out, so you don't have the round upper back shape we are striving for.

 

I've been also working on fixing my protraction on my planceh leans and pushup, and what helped me just recently to activate the proper muscles was this post. Check it out.

 

I'm also doing some scapular shrugs to get the proper feel as well. Those are awesome for that.

Cole Dano

- It looks like you've got the PPT, but your abs seem to be very relaxed. So your lower back is sagging.

 

- Richard is correct about the scaps. Different cues work for for different people. You can think of making your upper back wide, or pushing the center of your chest as high as it will go.

Alessandro Mainente

From my personal experience with kids I noticed that the movement with people without confidence with new patterns must be build up with HABITS. In that case habits like:

- core activation

-posterior pelvic tilt

-scapulas activation

should be mastered with previous element PE1,PE2 .

At this point you will increase the mastered patterns with only one factor: the straight arms strength approach.

This could be strange at first, but brain learns well one thing at time.

Exactly as if you have never mastered good protraction and hips mobility. when you need to open them into straddle planche there too much variables to control. on the contrary if scapulas activation  are good as hips mobility you will focus more on less details as resist to temptation to fall forward.

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

Thanks everyone for the excellent coaching!

Alessandro - do you think I should go back to PE1 or PE2 to work on these elements? Perhaps I moved ahead to soon?

Thanks,

Cam