This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 090821

Started by Coach Sommer, August 21, 2009 · 7 Replies · 1,242 Views

Coach Sommer

WOD%20-%20090821.jpg

Complete the following:

Walking HSPU Ladders

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Begin with Box HeSPU; perform 2 reps then immediately do 6 steps of HS Wall Runs. Take a few breaths and then move on to Negative HeSPU performing 2 reps followed by 6 steps of HS Wall Runs. Continue on upward through the HSPU progressions in this fashion until you reach the hardest variation you are capable of, rest 3-5 minutes and then reverse ladder back to the beginning. This will constitute one round.

2) How many rounds you perform will depend upon the number of rungs that were in your ladder; e.g. you only made it to the first exercise, you will perform 10 rounds, to the second exercise perform 5 rounds, to the third exercise perform 3 rounds, to the fourth exercise perform 2 rounds, to the fifth exercise perform 1 round.

3) Adjust the reps in the Walking HSPU Ladder as necessary. If performing two reps at a time is too difficult, drop to one repetition of each variation. If performing two is too easy, increase to three, four or even five reps per variation.

Richard Duelley

This workout sounds great. I have never tried this kind of ladder scheme and I will defiantly hit this one up at the gym today!

ASForum

Ido, Blairbob - Please guide me as to how I can / should scale this WOD down for my newbie status?

Hayden Whealing

Today I did:

ring routine: support to negative MU to Adv FL to tuck BL to FL for 3 sets

then box 2 HeSPU, 6 wall runs, 2 negative HeSPU, 6 wall runs, 2 HeSPU, 6 wall runs. rest, then reversed it, for 2 sets

3 sets of 3 false grip pull ups

are there any progressions between the negative HeSPU and full HeSPU that I skipped in the WOD?

great WOD by the way, I enjoyed it :D

Richard Duelley

I really enjoyed this kind of rep ladder with the handstand pushups! I got to the elevated HSPU and elevated about 4 inches, so I did 2 brutal rounds. Hopefully I will be able to add in a full panel mat in height soon!

I liked it so much, and I really need to improve my overhead pressing power, that I am going to do it once a week, or twice if I feel up to it, from now on! :mrgreen:

SamSpaiser

How would this workout compare with training a total of 10 minutes in a handstand (stomach to wall). I don't have a lot of strength in handstands yet and even proper box HeSPU's are challenging for me. Should I do both workouts throughout the course of the week? OR, is it better to cycle them every other week, and vary my workouts much more. In fact, in general, I have to drastically tone down each workout of the day because they are all far too challenging, even in their extremely water-downed state. Though, they are in general really fun, I agree.

heinrich

Design your own routine to build a solid foundation of basic strentgh.

A famous program which produced awesome results for a beginner can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1957&start=0

I engaged the WOD's too early and it didn't get me anywhere. All I got from the daily WOD's was my daily soreness although I scaled them down in every aspect.

There are lots of fun exercises in the WOD's but you'll get better results if you focus on FSP and FBE.

Design your routine and let the other guys criticize.

jl5555

I'm going to bookmark this WOD as I need to work on my overhead press abilities and strength. I can do unsupported handstand for 30s and one arm wall supported HS on the left arm for 10s. (I'm right handed but box southpaw which shows why I'm weaker on my right side and cannot, as yet, do one arm HS on the right...)