Hi guys,
I'm new to this gymnastics training, but not new to bodyweight training.
I'm after a bit of advice really about if Foundation 1 is for me ![]()
I'm going into the Army in September and looking to boost my maximum push-ups/sit-ups/pull-ups prior to basic training, as well as flexibility and mobility in general for things like the obstacle courses.
I currently have a comprehensive running plan I follow, but want to increase my push-ups so I can bang out the required standard with no effort at all (44 push-ups in 2 mins).
I can currently do it ok within about 1 min 30 seconds, but struggled towards the end due to the very strict form they require and them discounting some reps.
I can currently do:
60 push ups in one go
70 sit ups in one go
8 chin-ups and 0 pull-ups
My question is that will solely training with F1 be sufficient to improve my maximum for these tests? Or will it be better if I still do additional high rep sets of these exercises at the end of my F1 training each day?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
David