This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE4 - What is this?

Started by Jamie12345, May 15, 2015 · 8 Replies · 499 Views

Jamie12345

I'm not quite sure what is happening in HS/PE4. 

 

Are the hands just resting on the ground? If yes, this seems to be a very relaxing state for me.... so much so that I feel I could stay there for hours. Is there something I'm missing? 

 

Is it this easy for everyone? 

Jeremy Huston

Keep your hands just off the ground.

Keilani Gutierrez

and build up the weight upto 25-35lbs. :)

Joshua Slocum

Make sure that your chest is hollow, your hips have PPT, and your hands are shoulder width. This movement is pretty easy if you don't maintain those cues.

Juginabi

Just to clarify this exercise. Is this basically a hollow body hold because all the cues are the same? Only difference is the stick/weighted bar on hands.

Keilani Gutierrez
Juginabi said:

Just to clarify this exercise. Is this basically a hollow body hold because all the cues are the same? Only difference is the stick/weighted bar on hands.

essentially, yes. your upper back is in contact with the ground, while doing PPT and holding the bar.

tejo1

and your feet are touching the ground correct? This would make it different from a hollow body hold

Alexander Egebak

About this move - I barely the the hip flexor flexibility for full contact with the floor. Would it be acceptable to bend my knees a little until I have the flexibility to really feel that I am pushing down my pelvis?