This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

negative single leg squat SLS/SE3 question about descend time

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, May 9, 2015 · 5 Replies · 215 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi all!

A question about negative Single leg squat SLS/SE3.

Recently it was suggested me to hold for a while bottom position (just like SLS/SE2). in the element description it is reqiested to perform this exercise in 10 sec. Could it be resonable to set the whole descend time by rep as follows: 9 sec descend + 1 sec static hold on bottom?

Could I considered mastered this element once I got all the 5 sets this way?

Thanks to all!

Chris Garay

Hi Mauler,

 

I don't think this matters that much. I would expect that if you are to test for Mastery on this element, then you should do what the course says, namely 5 sets of 5 reps at 10 seconds each rep. Good luck training!

 

Best,

Chris

Jon Douglas

That sounds to me like a 9 second rep. While a bottom static is good practice it is not necessary to time it for mastery :)

Jeremy Huston

If I remember that other thread correctly, you were basically falling over when you got to the bottom position.  The suggestion to pause at the bottom was mainly to make sure you had control throughout the full range of motion -- not a prescription for a full 1 second hold.  Please point us to the previous thread if you would like more comments in context.

Joshua Slocum

I always do a 10s negative and a 1s hold to make sure I'm stable at the bottom.