This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Negative single leg squat SLS/SE3 form check

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, March 4, 2015 · 7 Replies · 225 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi!

This is how I perform eccentric single leg squat.

http://youtu.be/ywlJr7piKHk

How do you find it?

Thank you!

chuchodani

You need to hold your non-working leg higher and pause at the bottom.

Jeremy Huston

Work on controlling the bottom half.  You descended very slowly from standing to parallel but then went pretty fast the rest of the way down and pretty much fell over in the bottom position.  This of course is the hardest part of the motion.

Alessandro Di Sanzo
chuchodani said:

You need to hold your non-working leg higher and pause at the bottom.

Jeremy Huston said:

Work on controlling the bottom half. You descended very slowly from standing to parallel but then went pretty fast the rest of the way down and pretty much fell over in the bottom position. This of course is the hardest part of the motion.

OK! It's true, I descend slowly in the beginning and in the end I fall over, without keeping bottom position... Basing to the chronometer, If I kept the initial motion my descend time would be more.than 10 secs... I will try to make the descent more uniform during that Time! I will post an update soon! Thank you all!
Mark Schoenhard

I challenge myself to keep the same descent speed in transitioning phase of the hips being slightly above knee height to below knee height.  Nice work bringing the straight leg in to end the repetition, go for a quick pause before standing up.

emilianop

When I did this I aimed at hitting the 5 seconds mark with leg parallel to the floor (90 degrees), so taking another 5 second to go from half bent to sitting to heel.

 

Also I made sure that at 10" I wasn't falling apart, but was able to keep the stance (basically like SE2).

Alessandro Di Sanzo
Mark Schoenhard said:

I challenge myself to keep the same descent speed in transitioning phase of the hips being slightly above knee height to below knee height. Nice work bringing the straight leg in to end the repetition, go for a quick pause before standing up.

emilianop said:

When I did this I aimed at hitting the 5 seconds mark with leg parallel to the floor (90 degrees), so taking another 5 second to go from half bent to sitting to heel.

Also I made sure that at 10" I wasn't falling apart, but was able to keep the stance (basically like SE2).

chuchodani said:

You need to hold your non-working leg higher and pause at the bottom.

Jeremy Huston said:

Work on controlling the bottom half. You descended very slowly from standing to parallel but then went pretty fast the rest of the way down and pretty much fell over in the bottom position. This of course is the hardest part of the motion.

This is an update!

How do you find my form??

Negativd Single leg squat SL/SE3 form 2: http://youtu.be/eNVNLEwiMd8

Thanks for your help! [emoji4]

Rayne-William

Remember: Mastery standard-1 rep is one 10 second negative.

 

Use a metronome to keep time. Counting time in our head isn't always accurate. I can't even use my heart beat to keep time.

 

The negative phase starts as soon as you begin squatting down.