This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Planche lean sPL/PE5 form check... again!

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, May 5, 2015 · 5 Replies · 214 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi all!

This sunday I tried to record me while doing my sPL/PE5 planche lean routine for straddle planche.

I'm not at all satisfied of my form, so I need to clarify a few points.

Here's my first attempt.

As you can see, firstly I set up my scapula then I go into lean.

Here's my doubts:

 

1.What about my form? Is scapular protraction acceptable? Maybe during hold time, I'm losing a bit  scapular depression (not sure)..

2. Moreover, I noticed that,  in order to keep the curve of my back for scapular protraction, I unconsciously  tend to raise up my butt a little bit.

Maybe it is still acceptable, but I think this aspect is more clear in this second attempt:

In my opinion in the final seconds my butt is a bit too high... what do you think?

3. what about my amount of lean? Is it enough for mastery?

 

Please tell me if you see any other mistake to fix!

Thank you!!

 

 

chuchodani

Yes, you're piking through the hold, and even at the beginning, I think you have a slightly pike. If you see the course video, you will notice that the athlete's body is straight. It think you still need a little bit more of lean to call it mastery.

Alessandro Di Sanzo
chuchodani said:

Here at this topic you could see what I mean with a straight body planche lean. Read it completely and learn about sPL/PE5

 

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/11309-another-nemesis-planche-leans-form-check/page-3?hl=%20adriano%20%20augusto%20%20planche%20%20lean

Thank you chucodani! Really interesting this topic!

I read this point:

"A straight body planchelean on floor will have the hips slightly below shoulder level. "

That's what I thought, and This point really worries me, maybe too much! In order to keep my butt at that level, maybe I commit the mistake to not keep legs fully extended. This happens mainly as I see my butt lifts and I want to fix the position, pushing down my butt and keep PPT. Look at this pic

post-10847-0-52987700-1430895008_thumb.p

Even though I'm focusing to keep legs fully extended, I see they are  slightly  bent... Is it just my impression? should I  fix it?

chuchodani

To me they look bent too, try to fix it.

Alessandro Di Sanzo
Zach Armijo said:

Given the pic and the video above, you can see the pivot in the knees when trying to fix your position as you stated. I would not consider you piked however. This is mostly seen with "an over hollow" brought on by the student's efforts to get a maximal protraction and a strong PPT in the element. Over time, you will learn to be more lax in your line and lose the over tightening of a hollow and allow it to elongate into a more straight body line.

Thanks for your reply, Zach!

 

Do you repute it's worth to gain a straight body line before move on sPL/PE6? or once I got the 5sets of 30secs still with this "over tightening" could I move on, simply adding planche lean on the ground as warm-up, so that over time I will see progresses?

 

Moreover, how about my lean? Is it sufficient for sPL/PE5 mastery or is it required a bit more?

 

Thank you!