This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hamstring Injury Recovery

Started by chuchodani, May 1, 2015 · 8 Replies · 204 Views

chuchodani

After (visiting snap city) a hamstring injury at November 22th 2014, I have been using Jefferson Curl as my unique tool for rebuild and develop again my hamstring flexibility. It has been a long journey but I'm almost there. This shows how effective JC is for build your mobility, and also, it can be used as a rehab tool.

 

jaz

Great job !

Awesssss

Why and how did you injure your hamstrings?

chuchodani
jaz said:

Great job !

Thanks jaz !

Jon Douglas

Actually, when I did manage to pull a hamstring back in 2013 I rehabbed it with the SLS im. No strength work until the hamstring emphasis elements were pain free :) the way it's structured you can ease your way up with gradually progressing stress to keep it healing. Went quickly.

 

Good to see you moving well again :)

Awesssss
chuchodani said:

Oh ok!

 

Not to steal your thread, but do you have any tips on how to prevent pulling your hamstring? Maybe strenghtening them with SLS im:s (referring to the glute ham raise progression)?

 

Always good to learn from other peoples injuries. :D (Not in a bad/disrespectful way)

chuchodani
Jon Douglas said:

Actually, when I did manage to pull a hamstring back in 2013 I rehabbed it with the SLS im. No strength work until the hamstring emphasis elements were pain free :) the way it's structured you can ease your way up with gradually progressing stress to keep it healing. Went quickly.

 

Good to see you moving well again :)

Interesting, actually in able to manage SLS/SE1>iM, SLS/SE2>iM still causing me some pain. Thanks for your comment :) 

chuchodani
Hollow Man said:

Oh ok!

 

Not to steal your thread, but do you have any tips on how to prevent pulling your hamstring? Maybe strenghtening them with SLS im:s (referring to the glute ham raise progression)?

 

Always good to learn from other peoples injuries. :D (Not in a bad/disrespectful way)

The best way is to progress gradually, if you're in a program with a fashion like foundation, it's really difficult to get injured, because you must master the exercise you're doing before moving to another one. At that moment I wasn't doing any hamstring exercise like SLS iM that maybe plays a role, a lack of structural balance.