I already mastered this, but decided to keep in as a warmup (and during off days (future ref when getting stronger) for SL/PE2 onward. It's a good look to keep past routines in for muscle memory in the overall body work.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by kingzlo, April 30, 2015 · 2 Replies · 109 Views
I already mastered this, but decided to keep in as a warmup (and during off days (future ref when getting stronger) for SL/PE2 onward. It's a good look to keep past routines in for muscle memory in the overall body work.
Hi kingzlo,
in the im you focus on rotating the high part of the trunk but I believe that the principal rotating movement should be in the hips.
Stefano Baral said:Hi kingzlo,
in the im you focus on rotating the high part of the trunk but I believe that the principal rotating movement should be in the hips.
I hear what your saying Stefano. I'm guessing since I'm used to SL/PE2 Mobility, where upper body is moving more and the hips are stationary. Normally I'm at full concentration on the hip movement for I would feel the inside of my 'midsection' area (within) stretch throughout the range of motion most of the times.
Zach Armijo said:Kingz,
When you rotate, you are also leaning further back to get the weight closer to the ground behind you. It doesn't look bad, but it is giving you a false sense of "mastery". Keep the arms straight as possible and get the weight by or behind your hips without leaning back to get it.
Hey Zach, the reason for my arm slightly bent is minor injury (sprain) on my left arm area (from fingers to forearm) as I am working on sPL/PE1. Numbness from fingers to foreaarm (due to overemphasis on the routine and iM (maybe it was from rolling on my left side from that iM where I might've got the sprain. I got to look back at the video)). That actually took the cake from the first set (see this recent post). I'm told told to work on previous sPL's, as I posted the scapular Shrugs (it's been a while and I wasn't in good form), to gain the strength. But away from the minor sprain, I understand to work w/ PPP for the sPL/SE-iM.