This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

shoulder bump in PPP

Started by Hanlim Lee, April 27, 2015 · 3 Replies · 213 Views

Hanlim Lee

#1

 

I have a little shoulder bump when i do push up.

 

and when I do PPP and focus on shoudler depression, bump gets much larger!!

 

How can I fix it? I think it's because of weak serratus anterior. am I right?

 

 

#2

 

in PPP, focus points says keep scapular strongly depressed and protracted.

 

but if I try to, my chest or rib cage opens slightly. 

 

I wonder to what degree should I depress. Depress strong but not to degree that makes my chest open?

Cole Dano

#1 pictures or video would help. But in general yes, if I understand what you mean by bump, it's weak serratus/rhomboid.

 

What worked for me was thinking of gluing the medial edges of the shoulder blades to my back.

 

#2 You are very observant, you can over depress (which can also cause a bump, which is a different bump then what I addressed in #1)

 

You want to depress so far that you can while still maintaining the protraction. the correct position will feel like your strongest position.

Hanlim Lee
Cole Dano said:

#1 pictures or video would help. But in general yes, if I understand what you mean by bump, it's weak serratus/rhomboid.

 

What worked for me was thinking of gluing the medial edges of the shoulder blades to my back.

 

#2 You are very observant, you can over depress (which can also cause a bump, which is a different bump then what I addressed in #1)

 

You want to depress so far that you can while still maintaining the protraction. the correct position will feel like your strongest position.

 

Oh, so there are different kinds of bumps. I'll take a video and post it here this saturday.

 

please leave some comments then. Thank you!!!