This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PPPU, Push up form check.

Started by Hanlim Lee, May 3, 2015 · 6 Replies · 373 Views

Hanlim Lee

#1. Pseudo Planche Push Up.

 

https://youtu.be/GmKZUhiLlTo

 

I put upper side view in the later part of the video. 

 

I guess there are a lot of problems other than bumps so please tell me.

 

 

#2. Push Up.

 

https://youtu.be/7H5jt3GJTRc

 

When I first tried pseudo planche push up I failed abjectly so I went back to push up.

 

Thanks to many good tips I improved a lot but still need to check.

 

please point out some potentials. 

Alessandro Mainente

Fix the pop bodyline. More ppt. Body should be aligned along a diagonal line.

Cole Dano

Additionally stay much tighter.

 

Note how you go from hollow to arch in each push up, so you are touching your bottom ribs to the floor. Try to feel as if your pubic bone will touch the floor before your bottom ribs.

jfreaksho

You really don't need to look at the camera after every rep.  It throws your neck out of alignment, which actually affects things.

Hanlim Lee

So I have to stay longer in push up rather than proceed to PPP, right? 

 

God, I didn't know I would spend so long time on this simple exercise. lol 

 

jfreaksho said:

You really don't need to look at the camera after every rep.  It throws your neck out of alignment, which actually affects things.

right. It's my habit. I work out on a mirror surrounded floor, and I keep watching at the mirror for form check. 

 

Cole Dano said:

Additionally stay much tighter.

 

Note how you go from hollow to arch in each push up, so you are touching your bottom ribs to the floor. Try to feel as if your pubic bone will touch the floor before your bottom ribs.

 

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11182180_1007910109232689_8002140749130483011_n.jpg?oh=2505ae086871a339284155a318acfb5b&oe=55CA411E&__gda__=1438920526_7cd16fd79f7fd67e440e0d5b9ddd523d

 

#1.

tighter at what part? compared to the picture above, you mean keep my ribs closed and shoulder protracted at the bottom?

 

#2.

 

I shall keep ppt at the bottom too, right? can I actually touch the floor with my pubic bone ahead of chest with ppt?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente said:

Fix the pop bodyline. More ppt. Body should be aligned along a diagonal line.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11059400_995518947138472_1403348018699817768_n.jpg?oh=8a0bd66b4142ae6e12cd320cf11bb6f3&oe=55C789A0&__gda__=1439616280_0c996d8afa8676426e764bf56f14f9d0

 

 

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11081405_995643863792647_3963952359405583688_n.jpg?oh=d2bf759c18493dff5c4dc3650753a839&oe=55D00648&__gda__=1440870178_27f6d5953faa9a869b2b38e612b6b514

 

#1.

If your point of pop bodyline means some curve in upper back, how do you think of the picture above? 

 

I often use gymnasticbodies poster pictures as a reference for fine position.

 

I thought they make quite strong curve in the upper back to create stronger hollow position so I tried to imitate. 

 

#2.

I have difficulty in maintaining PPT and I think got better since there is no arch in the lower back throughout the motion.

 

I mean my criteria for good ppt was arch in the lower back. 

 

how much more ppt I should make? is there any criteria I can use by myself?

 

and could you describe how you recognized I have not good ppt?

Cole Dano

Be careful no tot over think this, 

 

- keep you body so it looks exactly the same through the full motion

- tailbone tucke  ppt (pop was a typo)

- keep your abs and glutes tight 

the effect will be to flatten your lower back

 

it takes time to do this, I've yet to have a student come to one of my classes that can do it right out of the gate. Be patient.

 

Use PE1 as a way to prefect the shape as it takes far less strength there.

 

Come back with a video once PE2 feels solid, right now you should focus on PE2, perhaps even PE1 if you can't hold the form there.

kingzlo

I would think to start from the top position to get the hollow back activated (I never knew you could start from the bottom and going up as you did).  And also as your submitting your form check for others to see, of course you are seeing for yourself, as well, but 'after the fact', not during the time when you are focusing on your movements.