Stretching Series- What is the progression

Started by Justin Kaplan, April 23, 2015 · 8 Replies · 3,453 Views

Justin Kaplan

I am thinking about buying the stretching series.  I friend of mine showed me there are 3 - 45min stretching series.  The direction say do a 45min workout a week.  Is this for all 3 series or just one and if one when do you progress?

Justin Kaplan

Also, how would I incorporate the Stretching series with Foundation 1?

Alessandro Mainente

yes, there is a long class and yes you can implement both of them.

Justin Kaplan

I don't quite follow.  There are 3 Stretching Series.  How would I program them into the Foundation Series schedule? 

Giovanni Garcea

Each series is done once a week at the end of one foundation workout. For example I do one series on Monday, another on Thursday and the last one on Friday.

Justin Kaplan

Do you find the stretching on top of the Foundation work to be too much?  Especially time?

 

I was considering doing some conditioning work on top of the foundation training then doing the stretching series other days.

Giovanni Garcea

I choose a different approach. I do cardio whenever I have time (usually during lunch breaks) and not during the same workout as foundation.

 

In this way, foundation followed by stretch doesn't take too long and it is actually pretty relaxing, at least for my schedule.

Sensei JP

Ideally you stretch after a workout, but it doesn't always work that way.  My schedule is currently:

 

Sun: Foundation

Mon: Handstand + Stretch, Front Splits 

Tues: Stretch, Bridge

Wed: Foundation

Thurs: Rest

Fri: Handstand + Stretch, Middle Splits

Sat: Rest

 

I am making progress on everything and no workout day lasts more than 65min currently.

 

To clarify, each Stretch series takes roughly 45min, so that's a 135min commitment altogether each week.  It is a heavy time investment, but even in the short time I've used it I've seen rather astonishing improvements.  These aren't progressions like Foundation, where you master an element and progress to a better one.  Rather you keep doing an element and get better at it over time.

 

I recommend the series wholeheartedly.  My HS PE2 iM and MN PE2/3 have improved so much in the last two months, and it's either a coincidence or the stretch series has really helped.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Paralysis by overanalysis. Justin, we all do it. If you want to add stretching buy the series. If you're working, the price isn't that much in the long run. This is especially true considering what you get with each series. You can do the stretch series whenever and however you want, noting that you only do any one routine only ONCE within a calendar week. They are intense so doing all of them on one day or coupled together might prove overwhelming. Doing them post-workout or on an off-day, however, proves to be the most common style of implementation. They definitely work and you WILL see significant progress within 4-5 weeks of use. What 'significant' means is subjective, but given that I did a lot of yoga pre-GB, I can say that they are very effective and very worth it.