This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Side lever progressions - when did these change?

Started by prinny, April 23, 2015 · 8 Replies · 326 Views

prinny

After seeing a reply by vinca_minor about side lever progressions changing, I'm curious to know how long ago these changed? Were they changed because of the difficulty in ABH? Looking at the new progressions, they seem more achievable, and by that I mean less torturous to do  :lol:

Mats Trane

They were changed in February

prinny

Thanks. I found a topic post from Feb asking the very same thing. I should have done a search first  :facepalm:

Dylan Robertson

Why was it changed?

Krel

Before the changes Coach Sommer thought people were having troubles with ABH and ABR because of tight glutes. Then, he discovered that they were having troubles because of tight obliques.

Awesssss
Krel said:

Before the changes Coach Sommer thought people were having troubles with ABH and ABR because of tight glutes. Then, he discovered that they were having troubles because of tight obliques.

Wait, are you serious? CAn you explain more?

Cole Dano

Not just tight - WEAK obliques

Alexander Egebak

For me I have found it was a combination of both weak and tight obliques.

Krel
Cole Dano said:

Not just tight - WEAK obliques

Alexander Egebak said:

For me I have found it was a combination of both weak and tight obliques.

True.

The new progressions are a reply to this zombliques problem B-)

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/19395-slpe1-changed/

 

Coach Sommer said:

I love the curl ups also, however far too many people were performing them incorrectly.

Initially I had incorrectly surmised that the difficulties some encountered with ABH/ABR stemmed from tight hip flexors and weak lower backs. That is not the case. The first and primary cause of their struggles arise from weak and tight obliques. Hence the new order of preparatory elements.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer