This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Headstand HS/PE2 form check

Started by Rocinante, April 23, 2015 · 7 Replies · 180 Views

Rocinante

Hi everyone,
This is my last 60 s. set of the mastery test. Do you think I can move on to the PE3? I'll be greatful for your opinions :)

HS PE2.wmv

Alessandro Mainente

Can you upload on youtube and make it unlisted? 

Rocinante

Ok, here it is uploaded:

Alessandro Mainente

For me it is fine. if you are struggling with mobility you can , meanwhile, evaluate the possibility to move the weight in the center of your head in order to understand how the weight is stacked.

Btw I need to admit that i'm finding the version you are doing very interesting (that is what Coach Sommer proposed). 

There are some people, especially women , who do not feel the shoulders work when they need to press on the floor to counter balance the weight. this version is perfect for them

Rocinante

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, this slightly "inclined" variation indeed engages the shoulders, I felt it. I'll start the PE3 and try some headstands with the form you've mentioned. It will be more vertical, I guess.

Samin Ishtiaq

The more vertical one puts more strain on the head/neck, though, doesn't it?

Rocinante

Yes, it definitely does, but if you've already spent some time in a "less vertical" position, the transition shouldn't be a problem.