hey ![]()
I have been struggling a lot with whether to train for skills only and neglect my BW routine or to continue training with the routine and add skill work to the end of each day. Training each skill once a week.
Pistols - back lever - Front lever - planche - handstand
My goals are:
-Learning the skills I mentioned (not in a specific order)
-Keeping the not-so-big / not-so-small size I gained.
Worries:
-Losing size if I train skills only
-Training skills only will target specific area of each muscle leading to decrease of strength in some parts.
Note:
I have been away from training (BW exercises) for 3 months. I spent 1-1.5months of complete rest.
then started experimenting with handstand - Planches. Just playing not really training and found that I have made progress more than ever. that got me thinking of training Skills only but then again.
What about pull ups - inverted rows - push ups - dips . stuff like that which I have in my Split routine. To increase size-numbers-strength Will I just stop doing them? The problem with doing the BW routine and training skills 3 times a week is the workout become exhausting that I can't perform well when I get to the skill work at the end. The workout goes up to 2 hours and I become so fatigue that I can't even perform a single rep or half the time of the hold on the skills.
So, Should I train BW exercises Muscle-split routine + Train each skills once Or Train skills only ?
Thanks in advance ![]()